calpack?

eman035

Just a general question here. What does the calpack do and how does it work? When does it work? (ex. only on start up? only durring open loop? All the time?) When changing injectors, is the chip the only thing you have to change to go with the injector size? Or should you modify the calpack also somehow? I just want to know how it all works together and what modifications should be done.

Thanks,

Eric

Anyone??? Or should I post this somewhere else? I did a search and not much came up, also looked on gnttype.org and nothing on there either.

John at Caspers would probably know. GNVENOM for a PM or email him at Caspers.

I always thought it was limp home mode code only.

You don't modify the calpak as far as I know for injector swaps.

Never seen anyone that offered that service for other injectors.

Originally posted by eman035
Just a general question here. What does the calpack do and how does it work? When does it work? (ex. only on start up? only durring open loop? All the time?) When changing injectors, is the chip the only thing you have to change to go with the injector size? Or should you modify the calpack also somehow? I just want to know how it all works together and what modifications should be done.

In GM terms there is the CALPAK, and NETRES.
The Calpak is the *chip*.
The small replaceable chip, is the NETRES. Netres means network resistor. If the Processor goes completely dead, ie fails the self tests, then the ecm can run the car in an analog mode. The network resistors set the PWs and calculations for the car to run in Limp Home Mode. The other often misused term is limp home. Limp Home means when the processor has died. But, some where along the line the *average* Joe began to assume that when the ecm was using defaults for failed sensors or out of range sensors, that was Limp Home Mode.

Running on the NETRES is Limp Home Mode.
Running in a default mode, is soft failure mode.