Cal at LSX shootout in Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
I did know know if Cal was going to make this race or not.
Based on the numbers he must be sneaking up on the power.
I will try and get more information

LSX DRAG RADIAL Q2
Position Car # Driver Name ET MPH Fastest MPH
1 1001 Steve Turley 7.795 181.25 181.25
2 1005 Wade Stevens 8.034 178.85 178.85
3 1011 Tom Kempf 8.344 186.36 186.36
4 1003 Mike Brown 8.406 174.01 174.01
5 1006 Paul Major 8.448 176.35 176.35
6 1007 Bill Maloney 8.531 169.89 169.89
7 1000 Ken Quartoccio 8.793 124.41 124.41
8 1004 Chad Smith 9.345 151.07 151.07
9 1002 Wayne Gopshes 9.445 154.05 154.05
10 1008 Brad Boone 9.672 110.87 161.75
11 1009 Cal Hartline 9.864 143.72 143.72
12 1010 C.J. Peddy 10.531 107.75 107.75

Lou interviews him for a couple seconds in the staging lanes.l

Thanks John! I got back late last night and still getting caught up on things. I went to Memphis for other reasons and didn't intend on running my car at all, since it hasn't been tested. I should have followed that plan. After I made the first pass I new I had troubles. The car ran 9.8@143 with low boost, but was going through the traps at 7250. I turned the boost up and the engine didn't respond. Found out my valve springs were ****! Decided to stop racing and help customers. Mike Fratena ended up resetting his record in NMCA Drag Race and wrapped up the point series, to boot. Aside from how my car ran, the rest of the weekend couldn't have gone any better.

Cal,

The car look sicks, it was arrow straight.
Swap some real springs in there for Orlando!!!
It is getting really lonely with only one stock suspension
Turbo Regal in the 7s, come on in the water is great!

LSXShootOut076.jpg

LSXShootOut077.jpg

LSXShootOut079.jpg

:cool: :eek: :D

Lou..."what's the fastest you been in this thing?"

Cal..."We went 8.57 with a V6"

I dropped to the floor when I heard this.

Had to stab at'em with the V6 comment at a LSX event.

Pure genius.

I didnt make it down there until Sunday... But no Cal :frown: . I was really looking forward to seeing your car!! Anyhow, some really interesting and quick cars there!

Damn Cal! Car looks very nice! Hope to see you get the bugs worked out and put down some good numbers soon- It looks awsome!

Cliff

Thanks guys. I sold the motor yesterday and will be delivering it to Reynolds. I'm already getting things going for the next phase. This time, I'll test it before I run it at a National Event :eek:

Thanks guys. I sold the motor yesterday and will be delivering it to Reynolds. I'm already getting things going for the next phase. This time, I'll test it before I run it at a National Event :eek:

I guess you made Chris an offer he couldn't refuse..

Cal,

Your car looks great! Don't mean to get off topic, but can you share what wheel size, brand and tire size you run on the rear?

The car sits great and looks great!

Looks like the BBS drag wheels? I have never seen them on anything before, or seen any place that sells them!

Thx

Thanks guys. I sold the motor yesterday and will be delivering it to Reynolds. I'm already getting things going for the next phase. This time, I'll test it before I run it at a National Event

Does this mean you wont be running the car at Orlando this year?

I guess you made Chris an offer he couldn't refuse..

Chris had a shot, I advertised it Monday night at 11pm and had 6pm's wanting it when I woke up the next morning. I got what I had into it, I guess I sold it too cheap. Chris can still buy the header/turbo, etc..

Cal,

Your car looks great! Don't mean to get off topic, but can you share what wheel size, brand and tire size you run on the rear?

The car sits great and looks great!

Looks like the BBS drag wheels? I have never seen them on anything before, or seen any place that sells them!

Thx

BBS drag wheels. BBS sponsored me a few yeras ago when they were getting into drag racing. I only know of one other set. The rears are 11" w/6" b/s. The fronts are 4" units. The rear tires are 325/50/15 MT's

cal @ lsx shootout

BBS drag wheels. BBS sponsored me a few years ago when they were getting into drag racing. I only know of one other set. The rears are 11" w/6" b/s. The fronts are 4" units. The rear tires are 325/50/15 MT's

Wheels and tires look awesome. I like the sticker on the back window :biggrin:

Who was the fastest stock ls1 block car at that event? As in stock 346 block.

Lou..."what's the fastest you been in this thing?"

Cal..."We went 8.57 with a V6"

I dropped to the floor when I heard this.

Had to stab at'em with the V6 comment at a LSX event.

Pure genius.

That was classic!

Cal, what heads are you planning on running? Are you stepping up to a 6 bolt head?

Posted by John:
A good question is when will GM produce a 6 bolt head???
The ETP ones are really good and you pay for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.