C6 w/exh goes down hard from 75 to 110

DeltaT

Red C6, with visible exhaust mods, rolls up on me on 101 South. I give him a rev cuz I'm ready to try my stuff after 700 break-in miles and the fixing of about 5 major bugs. The two young guys (20's) give me a rev back, then just smirk at me, but hang out to get a clear space to run with me. The first time I let the tranny downshift as I stepped on it, the true dual 3" system sounds like the hammers of hell when it revs - started walking them right after the downshift finished... Second time I pull the column shifter down a notch to 3rd and give him the nod... same outcome... I pull him to maybe 100, 110. He hangs way back but I'm coming up on my exit so I slow down, and finally he comes up and gives me the thumbs up. At least he was cool enough to do that instead of a flyby...

Good timing as right after I got off, I started running low on gas, which my cell does not like (sputtering, etc.). Would have changed my 1st victory (worth mentioning) to a STUPID defeat.

Anyways, this is all with the sleeper 4DR Malibu. Blown, intercooled 383 with the supporting cast.

They were not smirking when I got the goodbye thumbs-up... :eek:

Of course they would have killed me from 140+... the 82 Malibu front end is worse than a Turbo Buick for aerodynamics... you guys have 'bricks', I have a barn!

Jim

Site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

Wow, those guys probably did not like giving a thumbs up to a 82 malibu. LMAO. All the work on that looks top notch. Good job!! Looks like a lot of fun! Nice kill :cool:

Man I lave that mali. No one would expect a thing from a car looking like that. Sweet.

its reasons and people like you is why i love and respect the american car hobby,how long did it take to get that far in youre pix,also what point is it up to now. great engineering feat you have there i must commend youre accomplishments and further progress good luck and kill as many cars u can with i must say is the best sleeper i seen so far,not in mags but normal people