Bunch of races tonight...long

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
well first of the night was a 67 firebird or something of that era with a 400 tag on the hood... it was real nice sounding like headers back... convertable... red ... real nice
we take off from about 30 and i just left it in 2nd and brake boosted a lil and walked him pretty good until the end of 2nd and i shifted it into D and got off of it... and i look over and there is this Audi right next to me... the S4?? i think i was real suprised to see it right next to me since i didnt see it when we started but my buddy said he had about a 2 car jump..

next in line was an 04 mustang cobra... had exhaust he said but was pretty dam quick for just exhaust... we would be side by side until he hit 3rd and he would pull a tad at the bottom of the gear and then we would be even again... we raced several times and the only way i could really get a victory would be by jumping on him about a 1/2 car or so and it would take to about 90 for him to get to my side... we started the racing at about 40ish mph

after the mustang a stupid lil neon srt4 tries to do a flyby and lets his blowoff valve go right as he passes my car... too bad for him we both got stuck up in traffic ahead and got a good lane to go in... he was saying how he has this mopar blowoff valve and new header and exhaust as well as a new intake and increased boost... but im not trying to act like my car is super fast or anything but he got put to shame pretty good... we went from a 30 roll and as soon as he shifted into 2nd he got about 5 cars put on him before he hit 3rd... and it wasnt like he was a terrible driver because he just barely spun the tires into 2nd and the revs were going the whole time

and that was about it for the races... after the neon my car develloped this TERRIBLE :mad: :mad: :mad: rod knock that is killing me because now im sure i will have to put tons and tons of money into it now... arg well i am very angered right now and need to try to get this fixed cheap :rolleyes: :( :( :(

Good races.
I feel your pain on the rod knock. I finally blew a head gasket last Wednesday. Still beat the Harley I was next to when I ran a 13.23 @ 75mph. :eek:

Royal,
How many miles on that GN? Finally blew something eh? My TR has 161K on it and the factory seal is still holding. I've been running about 24-26psi boost on race gas mixed with premium/xylene. Not many races here in Missouri though. I miss Colorado Springs Saturday cruise nights.
Keith

kjhansen said:
Royal,
How many miles on that GN? Finally blew something eh? Keith
105,000. I drive it about 1500/year - most of it a 1/4 mile at a time. :D