Buicks at Bradenton in March?

Perhaps I should show you the email I received from Rocky the last time I asked the club why they don't support the track events.
How many of the 80+ members raced at the last club track night?
I heard 4 :eek:
How many raced at Buicks at Bradenton?
How many raced at Bowling Green?

Since you believe they are into racing, I will call George up and see if they want to support an event in their back yard.

Scott, I look forward to seeing you and the rest of the club February 26th ;)

You should come promote it to your fellow club members, instill some competitive spirit into them. The more people we convince the less the cost will be. Not everyone is willing to spend as much as you are to race.

See you there.:D

Scott

Cal: Kind of late notice to round up any V8 snowbirds. Like their cars, they tend to be a little slow.:D:D Once you get all of the information, post an announcement on: www.v8buick.com and www.bpgforum.com. I will also put out the word. By the way, the BPG is not a V8 only club. I have been fighting that stigma since day one. We do have a good amount of turbo car members. However, we do need more at the turbo cars at the BPG Nats. Later.

hey John, why are you posting links for the Bob Pike Group?

I thought you were coming down this way. We have had nothing but sun and 60s & 70s for last 3 weeks. :D

Sully

Originally posted by IrvJr
You should come promote it to your fellow club members, instill some competitive spirit into them. The more people we convince the less the cost will be. Not everyone is willing to spend as much as you are to race.

See you there.:D

Scott

You're right Scott. Since George hasn't returned my phone call, I will have to get the word out at the next meeting. I agree with you about them not willing to spend $$ To race. The fact that they wouldn't spend the $15 for their own track night, is what prompted my comment about them not participating in this event.

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
Cal: Posted the information on the V8 and BPG board

Thanks John, I will try and call Jim Haas today, also.

Re: Orlando Feb. 26th

Update: Got a message from George M with the Central Florida Buick Club. I'll see what they can do.

Originally posted by Weakest Link
I will be there.

Thanks! Just don't have any more heart attacks until AFTER the event :p

I have gotten some vendor support. The more I get, the less it's gonna cost per car.

I dont think it was the $15 that kept people from racing. Weekdays and work schedules probably had more to do with it.
That and 10,000 whining Hondas.

Scott

Whatever the excuses are, my original point was that they aren't a "racing" club. They can't make the club nights that THEY schedule, Buicks at Bradenton, GS Nats, etc.. I was not finding fault with the club, just pointing out that they have different prioirities.

Count me in for some all buick racing at the track, this what we need more of, what is the buick mato" GOING FAST WITH CLASS!!!!!"

THANKS JD

Spoke with George M (president of local club). If all goes well, it looks like they will be sponsoring the car show.

I dont think it was the $15 that kept people from racing. Weekdays and work schedules probably had more to do with it.
That and 10,000 whining Hondas.

Scott

Park admission at wally world is 55 person and you dont get 300.00 worth of VHT :D

Math wise, Friday nite.. you get 2-3 runs in among the mess.. at 15 dollars.. thats 5-7 dollars per run on a non-prepped track. 8 hours with 40 total cars.. you can do an easy 15-20 passes on a prepped track. bring good tires..

8 hours.. 40-50 cars.. if you cant tune your car in on that track, in that amount of time.. Its a great opportunitty.. And in your backyard.

How much is a dyno.. 125 per hour?

Hope you see the point. Once you pay the travel expenses, fuel, etc.. the admission is the least.

Sully: 65 and cloudy today in Wintersville, OH. Tracks are closed. High of 28 for the Steeler game on Saturday.

hey John, why are you posting links for the Bob Pike Group?

Three options:
1. I couldn't edit the thread. It should read www.bpgforums.com

2. I wanted to enlighten the board with the Bob Pike Group. Sounds like a 60's contemporary band.

3. I get the Mr. Dumas award

Why does it seem all your opinions about the local club backhanded? And why are the reasons for not racing "excuses"? I prefer not to sit in line with a bunch of imports and get 2-3 runs. And im still busy at work from all the storms and dont have the time to go. Much less get my car set up with the new engine and trans. So i can see from my point of view where all this is reasonable. You, however, make your money from racing and all the tuning that comes from it. So of course we dont meet your criteria as serious racers. Most of us still drive our cars everyday and cant afford to break them(again). So we all apologize for not meeting your standards.
I do however enjoy racing and probably will show on Saturday for a little while. We are leaving for our cruise that day. But since i made a big stink i cannot just conveniently not show. So i will be there Fri to tune and Sat early (what time will they start) and bust down some personal bests before i head for Mexico.

Scott

LOL! What else can you call it but excuses?? YOU chose to argue this point with me. It's easy to prove me wrong, get some club members to race on the 26th

My original statement was:
"As most people already know, the local Buick club isn't into racing (Heck, I built the engines in 5 of the 6 fastest cars in the club)."

You took offense by this statement and turned it into a pi$$ing match and I'm sorry. I based that statement on several facts:

1. Only a handful attend/support any organized Buick event
2. They schedule club nights at the track and you can count the attendees on one hand
3. The only members racing (so far) on Feb 26th are people I have "encouraged"

In your eyes they can be a racing club without actually racing. That is possible, I call it "bench racing".

I spoke with George M yesterday and asked him to support the car show. I believe it's a go. He was going to talk with KDK first, and let me know Monday.

First of all im mnot arguing with you. If i was there would be way more capital letters. And I dont have to prove anything to you or anyone else. I do things as i see fit, as i hope most others would too. Same goes with why i respond like i do.
Secondly. You make it sound like our reasons for racing arent good enough. If i dont feel like racing, thats a good enough reason. Im not making any excuses. Making excuses would be if i said my car was faster than someone elses then backed down for some dumb reason.
We arent a racing club. We are a car club that races occasionally, but mostly enjoy the driving and showing of them. I would bet that most other clubs are the same. Having a few serious racers and the rest just some average Joe's that want to have a good time doing whatever. How many times do all the other clubs race and how many members show up for those? You only want people to race because its your business. We dont race as a business like you do. It makes sense for you to race and promote them. But its not me (us).

You turned this into a pissing match by turning your back on the people that used to support you. And thats not the only statement you made that was a stab at this club.

Scott

We arent a racing club. We are a car club that races occasionally, but mostly enjoy the driving and showing of them.

Scott

Didn't you start this whole pissing match because Cal said you weren't a racing club? I mean he didn't say they aren't a racing club they suck.. he mearly said " As most people already know, the local Buick club isn't into racing" Then you attacked him for saying it and now you post a big long post about how sound your reasons are for not being a racing club. Is it just me or did you take debating lessons from John Kerry?
:confused: :confused:

Sully

Cal, Don Palumbo here. Add another car to the car count. Irela and I will be there to race...