Buicks at Bradenton in March?

Bradenton is booked for all of Feb and March. I could put together the same event in Orlando. Not sure if people would want the event there.

Buick Southern Nationals

I don't think anyone would have a problem with Orlando. I'd rather move to another track than cancel.
Other tracks are strictly by the rule book, but I think the majority of those attending last year wouldn't have a problem with that.
I can also check with the track in Gainesville, It's only a couple hours from Bradenton anyway (20 minutes from my house). We just have to stay clear of the 3rd weekend in march (Gatornationals).

Originally posted by HighPSI
Bradenton is booked for all of Feb and March. I could put together the same event in Orlando. Not sure if people would want the event there.

Bummer. Has anyone talked to Jesse?

Orlando would be better for me. We have family there. I have four kids and the theme parks would be a plus.

Although I have heard that Bradenton is a better track. And there is always Daytona.

So, Cal, did I hear you say you were going to be sponsoring this event?:D

Orlando would be cool for me. Im dying to get this car to the track.

Scott

Originally posted by jsta6
So, Cal, did I hear you say you were going to be sponsoring this event?:D

Perhaps, we can get the Central Florida Buick Club to do it since it's based in there home town :)

Either way, I'll call the track today and see what we can do.

Perhaps, we can get the Central Florida Buick Club to do it since it's based in there home town :)

Either way, I'll call the track today and see what we can do.

Last year the Buick V8 guys said that they would like to be involved more...you may want to give them a shout...

I have spoke to Jesse about the Buick South Event. He expressed a lot of disappointment, since he has had a rough year with all the hurricanes damaging his house, and slamming him with endless amounts of work.(he is a contractor) He has just not had the time to call and make the arrangements to organize the event. I called BMP, and as Cal said, they are booked in Feb. and March, and almost through the whole year. That track is becoming very popular. An Orlando event to subsistute would be cool. I am sure we could get solid participation from all the local guys in the state. However, I am sure a lot of the out of state guys will have to pass, due to lack of notice.

Cal, if this takes off, and you need help, feel free to call me.

-Alex

I spoke with Oralndo Speed World. It looks like the cost would be $125 per car including 4 crew members. I realize this is more than most would be willing to pay. Is this even worth considering? The date would be February 26th.

I spoke with Oralndo Speed World. It looks like the cost would be $125 per car including 4 crew members. I realize this is more than most would be willing to pay. Is this even worth considering? The date would be February 26th.

Krykies!

That is 4x what Bradenton is!

I got two kids in Karate and two kids in diapers...don't know how I could afford that...

February 26 huuuuuuuuuuuuum........that means if I go I would have to leave one week earlier than scheduled and spend an extra week in Florida. Lets see, shovel snow in Ohio @ 25 degrees or 65 and sunny in Orlando.:) Count me in. Might be looking for 3 free crew members. John

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
February 26 huuuuuuuuuuuuum........that means if I go I would have to leave one week earlier than scheduled and spend an extra week in Florida. Lets see, shovel snow in Ohio @ 25 degrees or 65 and sunny in Orlando.:) Count me in. Might be looking for 3 free crew members. John

Put me down for a crew member.

What has been your response on this from your local guys?? What are the rules for the rental?? Do we get two lanes? How hard are they on tech? Is there a car count we need to meet??

:confused:

Since I have so many irons in the fire, I have asked Julio (aka. Razor) to help me get things rolling. Right now, we are trying to get some vendors involved to lower the cost. Looks like it will be test & Tune on Friday night then Buicks only, all day Saturday.

Shoebox: Both lanes will be open. No tech :) The more cars we get, the lower the cost. As far as local guys, I will be bringing several cars. As most people already know, the local Buick club isn't into racing (Heck, I built the engines in 5 of the 6 fastest cars in the club).

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
Would this be a TSM points meet? Cal, thanks for getting this started.

I hope so. The track is already prepared to run the race. I am going to try and contact Scott Simpson tomorrow.

John, I was hoping to lean on you to get some of your V-8 BPG buddies to show up.

The local Buick club isnt into racing? Funny, we have club track nights a couple times a year and never see you there. Never see you at meetings, never hear anykind of support of our club from you. It seems more like you arent into the local club that you supposely belong.

Scott