Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

Or somebody's nitrous sniffin' BBC powered Chevy Nova (It's an "Acadian Beaumont" ... wink wink nudge nudge) from A-town that ran for Team Blew-it a few years ago......

Has anyone ever been told they can't race?

I don't think so. The Acadian was very close though. He got some very serious lookin' at from the OK Buick club.

The shirt looks pretty good, I'll probably buy one. It's sad that it doesn't have a GN on it, they are the driving force for our team and have been since the event started.

Hey my buddy and I were just talking as he was looking at a Trans Am on CL, has anyone ever run two cars, having one on each team?

You are more than welcome to race multiple cars. As long as you have time. If not, be sure to bring another driver. As far as the shirts go, you are correct. I went back and forth, the two cars on the shirt have offered some valuable help to me this first year and lots of people suggested I do a retro look this year. Next year will surely have a GN on it.

Since the rules weren't as clear as they should have been, I am afraid we are going to have some weird combinations. Got a text from a guy yesterday that said...."I have a fairmont with an oldsmobile engine, what side am I racing on." I said, Buick. I personally don't like a GN showing up with a 460 BBF, or a mustang showing up with an Oldsmobile engine. The vega with a turbo Buick engine is cool, but I don't like cross breeding this race too much. What do you all think?

Tough call. Fox cars seem to be everyone's favorite place to stash a non-Ford engine these days. LS motors especially. I'd hate for the top 10 qualifiers for Team Buick be a bunch of turbo LS Mustangs. That may be a little far fetched, but there's always the possibility of several showing up.

It's a little close to start arguing about this now guys. I'd say let what comes happen and next year worry about it.;)

No arguments. I was just asking. Ultimately we will run it how the majority of racers and fans want. Some of the original Buick crew are talking about allowing LS powered camaro's in next year if the Ford side starts to dominate with all these wicked fast 2011+ Mustangs! I have an idea, someone get Buick on the phone and tell them to put a real turbo engine in that little Buick. Something along the lines of Ford's 3.5 L ecoboost! 7 days and counting folks! Come up and say hi! Oh, here is the final corrected version of the T-shirt!
2013fordvsbuick.jpg

It has been my understanding that it is anything Ford/Lincoln/Mercury against anything Buick/Pontiac/Olds/Caddy/GMC Truck bodied and or powered. In the case of a crossbreed powerplant decides which side you run on. In years past I'm pretty sure I remember some GM powered Mustangs running on the Ford side as well as some BBC powered stuff on the Buick side. But I don't recall there being so many crossbreeds on one side or the other that it would have made much of a difference either way especially with the Ford side far outnumbering the Buick side in recent years. I hope that as the rules change something will be done to keep the numbers somewhat even to keep it close and competitive otherwise everyone will quickly lose interest and none of this will matter anyway.

It has been my understanding that it is anything Ford/Lincoln/Mercury against anything Buick/Pontiac/Olds/Caddy/GMC Truck bodied and or powered. In the case of a crossbreed powerplant decides which side you run on. In years past I'm pretty sure I remember some GM powered Mustangs running on the Ford side

Ok I demand a recount of this event going back to at least '05 . We'll have to strip some titles and you'll have to give your medal back. Oh wait! My bad wrong sport. :p

Your worst nightmare! lol
View attachment 202560
Rainier.jpg

I have not seen my Buick in over six months due to an unusually heavy work load. However, I am planning on participating using my V-Caddy to help fill the upper end of the ladder. ;)

I wanna see that STS-V lay the whoopin on a Ford. lol 380 RWHP :cool: It's not your Grandpa's caddy. :D

The CTS-V is a fast car. One of our guys has one and he swears by it and not at it.

The Shootout is just about here.:D

Well, It looks like I'll be making the trip without my car. After rebuilding the motor now the trans is having issues. Pretty bummed right now but still looking forward to the event.
Mike Derden

Blake yeah just see what happens this year. I'm not wild about Ls Camaros being on our side. Or foxes with Ls engines on either team. If its a Buick powered ford or a ford powered Buick, I'd say next year tell em to stay home. I have an Ls swapped car, but its a regal so it's actually a legal competitor, lol.