Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

That is the Lost Vega from the Lost Vegas Ranch. Tracy Hooper helped me build this with the primary goal of being in the shootout. 3.8, 66mm turbo, turbo 400 w/brake, Moser 35 spline M9 rear. I've driven other cars for Tracy and Larry Eades before but wanted to run my own car in the shootout for many years now and am pretty excited about it.

So racing a Chevrolet Vega is ok as long as it's Buick powered? Or is this another "it's really a Pontiac" wink wink nudge nudge type thing?

:rolleyes:

Just askin'. o_O

firebird.jpg
As long as it is Buick power it doesn't matter. Maybe we'll have someone bring a Buick powered Mustang! :D

We have a local Buick club member with a 68/69 Firebird with a 428 CJ motor from a Ford. What side would he race on if he showed up?

So if a guy shows up with a SBC or BBC (or LS Will! haha j/k) powered B,O,P, or GN, he can race? Just trying to figure out where the line is drawn on this deal. I know it's all for fun, but when you start loosening the rules, sometimes it's tough to keep them from coming completely undone and sucking that fun out. If us Fords want to race Chevy powered stuff, we can do that any weekend of the year.

Phil correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok here ya go. Buick powered can be anything. Olds, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn etc. must be the power plant they came with or Buick powered. We know anything late model is corporate GM like my Rainier.

Im going to race my tow vehicle it is a '05 Buick with a 5.3 V8 but it came that way from the factory. Don't worry it's slow.

I was kidding with the Ford powered Bird... I know if it showed up it would run for the Fords. It does not qualify to run for the Buick side.

Does that muddy the water some more? :D

Indeed! lol

I know you guys enjoy this event as much or more than I do. I (like you guys I'm sure) just don't want to see it slowly transform into another Chev vs. Ford thing. We get tired of beating up on them week in and week out and need to whoop up on some Bufords from time to time to keep it interesting. :p

I absolutely cannot wait until Oct 12. Hope to beat see you there!

Sounds good to me. I have a picture of a Ford in the back glass of my GN. So I can enjoy it every day of the year. See ya on the 12th

I will only be bringing my GN and not both cars like I orignally planned. My other driver had to back out. So that's one less Buick.

Phil correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok here ya go. Buick powered can be anything. Olds, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn etc. must be the power plant they came with or Buick powered. We know anything late model is corporate GM like my Rainier.

Im going to race my tow vehicle it is a '05 Buick with a 5.3 V8 but it came that way from the factory. Don't worry it's slow.

I was kidding with the Ford powered Bird... I know if it showed up it would run for the Fords. It does not qualify to run for the Buick side.

Does that muddy the water some more? :D

David: You did fine except you forgot the CTS-V's.:)

Event historically was Buick versus Ford even though there was a lot more Fords than Buicks. Started getting one-sided a few years ago as the Buick participation began to drop as the cars aged and no Buick performance cars have been built since the turbo cars were discontinued in 1987. Rules were changed as result of this and Team Buick added the non-Chevrolet, GM cars to it's participants.

Power plants dictate which team the racers are on.

Phil Engle

No doubt! Technology has passed us by... :(

I wonder if the 2011-Present Mudstain will dominate the Ford camp?