BstC questions

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
I installed my BstC yesterday. I have a few issues that I'm trying to figure out. First, with the unit set to off, the Active light is dimly lit. Should that happen? Second, I tested the TPS turn on point. With the unit on, if I set the control knob to the min dot I get no buzzing all the way to the floor. As I turn the knob up to the first dot beyond the min dot I get buzzing. If I go beyond the third dot the buzzing stops. There is no buzzing if the knob is set at 1/2 to max. The active light comes on at about 1.5 volts with the knob set at anywhere. Should there be buzzing at those higher settings doing this test? Also I noticed the Active light gets brighter as the knob is turned up. Should that happen? All switches are set to off. I tried jiggling the wires to see if any happened different but nothing changed. Thanks.

Better but still ?s

Ok, I went back and checked the connections. The Blue wire connector was lose. I redid all of them with new connectors. The connectors supplied were for 16-18 gauge and the wires from the BstC are like 22 gauge so I got connectors for the smaller wire and they seem to work better. The Active light is still on dim if the controller is set to OFF. I went for a ride with the controller ON and set at the first dot up. I got about 15-16lbs of boost. At half way I got 19lbs. About half way between the center dot and the next dot gave me 21 lbs. Didn't try it any higher. I noticed the needle flickering some and not real steady. The stock wastegate is still on and it still has the origial solenoid. I have a new solenoind and will put that on to see if the flickering goes away. Any idea on the light being on if set to OFF? Does this range of adjustablity seem alittle too wide for just one solenoid?

I just got your email, so sorry for the delay in a reply. Unfortunately, I have no way of helping you. I uninstalled my BstC Boost Controller last year as my performance was very inconsistent with it. I found out later that I had other issues, so if I install it again I will get back with you. Have a great day!

Looks pretty normal to me.

Is your stock wastegate arm made adjustable?

Don't know about lights on when shutting it off since I have never shut mine off. :)

You probably have 15 to 21-22 psi. range adjustment which is normal, I doubt it will go up much higher if you turn the knob highter but use the proper octane level if you try it.

If you have an adjustable arm on the stocker lower the base boost a couple of psi. for sure if you just use pump gas.

I would solder all the connections on anything that attaches to the ECM wires and any solenoids.

Flickering with a boost gauge a couple of pounds isn't that bad, depends also on how the gauge itself is damped, or undamped.

Just my .02, hard to tell for sure on the internet what's going on. ;)

The wastegate is still stock. I have another one that I made adjustable but never put it on. I run 100 oct with a 92 chip so I guess if I feel brave I'll crank the knob up more to see what it gives for pressure. Still stumped on the light issue though.

The light is supposed to come on regardless of the switch position when ever the solnoid is active. If that is from the stock computer or the BSTC
Mike

Mike, the light dimly lit when in the "off" position and the ignition is turned on and or engine running. If I switch it to "on" the light goes out. It will come on at about 1.5 volts on the tbs setting of the Scanmaster.