Brand new Mustang GT vs. my 87 GN

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I was coming home from a party a few hours ago and I was stopped at a stop light when this brand new red Mustang GT pulls up next to me. I look over and it's some guy and his girlfriend. He looks over at me and I know he saw my window decals. On the back window I have a huge BUICK white lettered decaling with the turbo 6 emblem and a checkered flag. He yells at me "hey you think that car is fast or something?" I said "Do you wanna find out? I might have to warn you, you might get embarrassed in front of your g/f!" He got pissed and said "aite *******, let's run" I'm like mmmmkay, so I build the boost to around 3 and the light goes green. Of course like every race with a GN he gets the jump on me first but I pull on him even, going 60mph. After that he had no chance. I was ahead by 5 car lengths or so going at 110 (turbo whistling, don't you love that sound?!) when I gave him the "I win" brake lights. I looked back at him and both of them were just starring forward at me and eventually turned off. I was cracking up. I totally embarrassed the guy. What is with girls liking guys with a Mustang so much? My girlfriend thinks my car is badass! Oh well, maybe the Stangs look more attractive to a girl than the black beasts of the 80's:D I think our cars are awesome looking.

good kill :D I have a q, I notice you own a 95 Cougar with the only mods being exhaust and yet you pulled a 14.9, I must say that I'm impressed due to the fact that the Cougar is a high 15 maybe 16 second car. So my question is this, what do you think my car is capable of doing in the 1/4? with these mods: "Jerry chip Gen 1" Intake tube, K&N air filter and breathers, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73's,180 degree therm, 2 universal cooling fans, removed air silencer, no cats, a single flowmaster racing muffler with duals, homemade ram air, tires are P225/50ZR15's..Thanks!!:)

mush-tang GT

good kill!! :D the new mush-tangs are sloooow. the Bullit edition are a little bit faster but with 265 horse, they are still going nowhere fast. i will admit, the Bullit edition is nice (any limited edition car is for that matter) but Ford lacks in the engine dept. GMHTP (magazine) did a test on a new Camaro SS the same day they were testing a Bullit at the same track (what are the possibilties of that happening?) and the SS made one run. Thereafter, all eyes were on the SS. It ran a 12.96@107.43 (6-spd trans.)!! How do I get $30,000 for one? :confused:

I guess chicks dig mud stains cause they have no clue what a Buick is.:D All ya ever hear some girls say is 5 oh this and 5 oh that. What a joke. Now the turds are slower than they used to be and chicks still seem clueless, But when the last time ya took the GN to a store only to come out havin 6 people lookin at it like a little car show and sayin sweet car, This happened the other nite to me. Ever see that happen with a moose turd.lol I love my GN for that very reason. Nice kill and good embarassment.:D

Originally posted by 95MN12XR7
good kill :D I have a q, I notice you own a 95 Cougar with the only mods being exhaust and yet you pulled a 14.9, I must say that I'm impressed due to the fact that the Cougar is a high 15 maybe 16 second car. So my question is this, what do you think my car is capable of doing in the 1/4? with these mods: "Jerry chip Gen 1" Intake tube, K&N air filter and breathers, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73's,180 degree therm, 2 universal cooling fans, removed air silencer, no cats, a single flowmaster racing muffler with duals, homemade ram air, tires are P225/50ZR15's..Thanks!!:)

Actually I lied. My 95 Cougar is not completely stock. The motor is though. I am running dual straight pipes from the manifolds back with no cats or mufflers. Plus I am running a new air induction setup and just had the car completely tweaked and tuned. I bought brand new tires P255/60/ZR15's all weather. I got absolute traction with these tires;) I launched almost perfect and did 14.9 in the car=). I was shocked but not impressed with my run because I know if I would have launched perfectly with the light, I think I could have ran 14.6 or something. These cars can haul. I mean they have the same exact engine as the 97 Mustang GT pretty much. I would assume with your mods you should do low 14's and if PERFECT you might run a 13.9. Good luck and have fun!

Originally posted by SMOKINV6
I guess chicks dig mud stains cause they have no clue what a Buick is.:D All ya ever hear some girls say is 5 oh this and 5 oh that. What a joke. Now the turds are slower than they used to be and chicks still seem clueless, But when the last time ya took the GN to a store only to come out havin 6 people lookin at it like a little car show and sayin sweet car, This happened the other nite to me. Ever see that happen with a moose turd.lol I love my GN for that very reason. Nice kill and good embarassment.:D

Yeah I know what you mean bout driving the GN around and turning so many heads. Sometimes I will just go driving around just because I am bored:D Actually there's alot of girls that look at my car in awe but my town is a college kid town (YES i am a college kid too). Everywhere I go, I see brand new Stangs and Camaros and what not. Always a guy and his girl in it. It's like they only like them for their car but what is so great about them? I guess if Buick continued the GN like they should have then every girl would want to ride in a GN:confused: DAMN YOU GM DAMN YOU!!! BRING IT BACK!

I think this BB should have one section devoted to Rustang kills LOL... Many of the kill stories seem to be mustangs and this is for the obvious reason that there are a lot of them on the street and most of them are SLUGS;) I think this BB should have one section called "Have you spanked a 5 slow lately or a modular POS"... the Rustang kill section... This way the kill section doesn't get so loaded with these COMMON kills... Not to take away from your kill or anything d0n_3d, and let me say good kill, but it seems to be an everyday occurance for most everybody on this BB... I'm sure there are some fast rustangs driving around, but they seem to be hard to find!!!:D Hopefully, everbody from corral.net doesn't come over here and flame, because I am just stating what I see on this BB:D What do u guys think? Brick

I agree

The only thing is, none of the 5.0 crowd around here will race me anymore. You beat one, they tell all their buddies. And they fear the GNs anyway b/c of my friend's mid-10 sec 86 GN. Well, there is one guy around here with a 5.0 that will race me---- but he has over $70,000 in the car. He just has too much money for his own good. What a shame...

Thanks Hoss

Just pointing out what I see!!!:D And thats plenty of Mudstain kills:p I have a few every once in a while myself, but I see no need to post them, since it would be looked at as just another rustang kill and every buddy seems to do a good job of posting these unfair V6 vs V8 kills... I think we all need to stop picking on these poor little V8's ;) LMAO

Actually I lied. My 95 Cougar is not completely stock. The motor is though. I am running dual straight pipes from the manifolds back with no cats or mufflers. Plus I am running a new air induction setup and just had the car completely tweaked and tuned. I bought brand new tires P255/60/ZR15's all weather. I got absolute traction with these tires I launched almost perfect and did 14.9 in the car=). I was shocked but not impressed with my run because I know if I would have launched perfectly with the light, I think I could have ran 14.6 or something. These cars can haul. I mean they have the same exact engine as the 97 Mustang GT pretty much. I would assume with your mods you should do low 14's and if PERFECT you might run a 13.9. Good luck and have fun!

I knew you had to have more than exhaust done to it, since there are few Cougars and T-Birds with the same mods as mine still trying to break low 15's and I thank you for your opinion about my car as soon as I run it I'll post my times. I would also like to race a GN, I don't plan on winning since I know what I'm up against, but to find out how bad will I get beaten. Bad thing is there's no GN's where I live, but 100's of Mustangs, Camaros, and lots of Imports.:rolleyes:

Yeah I don't know if anyone around here has a NICE GN like mine. I've seen a couple of beater ones. There are always millions of mustangs running around. There's a couple of civics running around that have the complete rice package tattooed all over it. This one Civic I've seen is red with giant checkered flags on both doors and has the biggest wing I have ever seen Does that guy think he is gonna literally fly or something? Who knows. I just continue to point and laff at them. This is all thanks to that gay ass movie fast and the furious. Why couldn't it have been a movie about older domestic muscle cars including the GN damnit!!!:mad:

good movie

can anyone direct? i can drive...let's make our own movie!! i appreciate all types of cars. it's the idoit behind the wheel that ruins it for other people. similiar to the saying, "guns don't kill people, people kill people".
my 2 pennys....

Originally posted by d0n_3d
I was coming home from a party a few hours ago and I was stopped at a stop light when this brand new red Mustang GT pulls up next to me. I look over and it's some guy and his girlfriend. He looks over at me and I know he saw my window decals. On the back window I have a huge BUICK white lettered decaling with the turbo 6 emblem and a checkered flag. He yells at me "hey you think that car is fast or something?" I said "Do you wanna find out? I might have to warn you, you might get embarrassed in front of your g/f!" He got pissed and said "aite *******, let's run" I'm like mmmmkay, so I build the boost to around 3 and the light goes green. Of course like every race with a GN he gets the jump on me first but I pull on him even, going 60mph. After that he had no chance. I was ahead by 5 car lengths or so going at 110 (turbo whistling, don't you love that sound?!) when I gave him the "I win" brake lights. I looked back at him and both of them were just starring forward at me and eventually turned off. I was cracking up. I totally embarrassed the guy. What is with girls liking guys with a Mustang so much? My girlfriend thinks my car is badass! Oh well, maybe the Stangs look more attractive to a girl than the black beasts of the 80's:D I think our cars are awesome looking.
you da' man what to put that a** in his place yea what is it with girls and them likeing guys with 'stangs oh well i'd rather have my gn any day over the so very rare:rolleyes: stanaroo, props to you man and keep up the good work.

you got it

Originally posted by SMOKINV6
yea i agree when ever i go somewhere or i'm driving i get thumbs up or waves or people just asking hey what a beautiful car i have friends with stangs and i have yet to see one person look even once keep up that profile and good riding
:)

I have something to add w/ tes87gn. Whenever im in my 87 gn people always comment on it and how awesome it is. The reason mustangs and cammaros get no attention is because you will see ten of them if you just go out for a drive around the block. :cool:

Yeah I've had some mustang guys comment on my GN. I pulled up to a Quickcheck one time and I hear this mustang rumbling to the parking space next to me. He says,"That is a beautiful car, awesome" then just leaves off. I was shocked that a mustang guy would actually comment on my GN. I even have people giving me thumbs up while cruising around. I also like to drive around Rutgers and I turn so many heads. I love it! I'm so glad that I bought this car.:D :cool:

Great Kill ! It's even more fun when you have your girlfriend in the car with you and she saids something like: " Damb, that car is slow. Babe, why does it make so much noise?" Good reply would be: " Cause it's a SLOWSTANG".

Chicks Dig Chick Cars!

Nice kill, I was recently in a freinds 2000 mustange. He uses it just for transportation. He has never bean in a turbo regal! Again he is under no illusion that he's fast. I had a hard time showing enthouisasm ( Ya Spelling Who Cares ) as he excellerated . He was waiting for a responce I could not produce THE CAR IS A CHICKCAR WITH NO BALLS! I just said to myself Mustangs havey no chance! OK MAYBE IF YOU PUT 5 Grand into it LOL . Sow I gave him the this car is owsome! ( Hope nobody gots too sit in the back its a rag top!

The local radio station here had a call in show recently regarding which cars were guy cars, girl cars, gay cars, etc. It was interesting to here not only a lot of guy's but also girls and the hosts commenting on the mustang being a chick car!!! The almighty GN was almost forgotten when a guy called in with recollections of his buddy's GN and how fast it was, this was his choice for #1 guy car and the host agreed!!! AHHHH the power of the DARK SIDE.