BPG 2014

My T should FINALLY be ready by then...knock on wood...I'm only 15 miles from NTR. As long as the car is ready I'll run, still be there to watch regardless. Really love the grudge race idea

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

..this was all posted early of the BPG fb page and website.

If this ever happens again can you post it on this website once a decision is made? If a website is used to draw people in that website also needs to be used to tell people about a change of plans for the event.

John Plog attended the Buick vs. Ford event before he came to BG. The format was to qualify the cars with the timeclock turned off, then pair them up accordingly. Sounded like a good idea.

The clocks were still on for qualifying, but no times were listed on the ladder. You really had no idea how fast your opponent was in the race. Faster car got lane choice though.

Only thing I see wrong with this event is the track sucks major bad. Would be nice to see it at Kilcare,which is still a6 hour drive for me. You almost need tractor tires to make it through the staging lanes. Love the BPG and what you are doing , but the track is a sh-t hole.

Only thing I see wrong with this event is the track sucks major bad. Would be nice to see it at Kilcare,which is still a6 hour drive for me. You almost need tractor tires to make it through the staging lanes. Love the BPG and what you are doing , but the track is a sh-t hole.
I agree! ley's go to Kilcare

I agree! ley's go to Kilcare

Maybe Sean will chime in with the price difference between Kilcare and Columbus. I am sure he looked into it. as this track was mentioned several times in the thread about the 2013 rain out.

I have a few friends that deal with kilkare and could get some contact info if needed. Kilkare is on kill at evry TNT and event.

They should move that race to kilkare in xenia Ohio. All records would be broken there. All concert the entire 1320...all new too.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Kill Kare wanted $22K for 2 days and they still wanted to run their regular Friday and Saturday Programs..Pit areas would be restricted as "regulars" pay for spots...they were worried about Security for our Attendees and vendors...BPG could pay for security and that would be extra. The Hotels in the area were also not able or willing to host off site activities such as the Cruise In...BBQ..and Band.... Bristol was $20K just to reserve the track for 2 days. Personnel... Equipment and supplies were extra...would of been around $30K. Plus we would have to still pay for insurance at Both Tracks another $2k...and no optional rain date on Sunday unless we paid for it...NTR is $15K. There were many e-mails and conference calls made between me and the mentioned tracks. There were no track issues at NTR for Fridays event as a quite a few high 7 low 8 sec passes were made...The new management has worked hard this year in track prep. The one thing you can say about attending a BPG event before...during..or after...you ask a question...you get an answer...

Picture 1502.jpg
I have a few friends that deal with kilkare and could get some contact info if needed. Kilkare is on kill at evry TNT and event.

I would be willing to do a face to face negotiation on Seans behalf with Charle Taylor .He runs the Xtreme Outlaw Series there.Right now Kilkare is out of Budget but I think it could be worked out with a good face to face Meeting.But it is probably to late .Either way I am there for 2014 and 15 cause I WILL have the 65 completed

I will have to thank Bobby Slusser and Jim Rock with helping with Kill Kare as I was getting no where with e-mails and voice mails to the track..maybe for 2014 it might work but they still wanted to run their regular program on Friday and Saturday. I do plan on meeting with them in 2014 when I am back in the area. To be honest it took a lot of calls and e-mails to both Kill Kare and Bristol to get a response...I have been working on this since last August...1 e-mail and voice mail each Tuesday. Pittsburgh Raceway said they would call be but never did...