Boost Gauge not working?

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. I was curious, I have a mighty vac hand pump, could I apply vac to the MAP with key on engine off to get any readings aslo? I also just foud out, this vehicle has the PIT Bull chip in it, could that affect th MAP also? Thanks!!

Chip has nothing to do with MAP. You can apply both pressure and vacuum with the mighty vac.. and can test the sensor that way.

Wonder if thats why it didnt have a hose on it. Our price on 3 bar GM maps is 70.00 in case you need one.

Update: Well, I received the new GM MAP sensor part# 12223861, I heard that the internals are different on this one. I also got the new connector with it that flips the gray & black wires, the green stays in the middle.

My question is, I already have a 3" mini factory harness that flips the gray & black already & it looks like it has a some type of resister built into it. Do I replace that mini harness with the new updated connector piggy or just reuse the old one & put the new MAP on? Thanks!!!

Update: Well, I received the new GM MAP sensor part# 12223861, I heard that the internals are different on this one. I also got the new connector with it that flips the gray & black wires, the green stays in the middle.

My question is, I already have a 3" mini factory harness that flips the gray & black already & it looks like it has a some type of resister built into it. Do I replace that mini harness with the new updated connector piggy or just reuse the old one & put the new MAP on? Thanks!!!

Contact who sold you the sensor for tech on what they sold you. Post back your findings.

Well, I'm asking in the TTA tech area, I know I'm not the only one who ran into this issue before. Razor, I found an old thread, were you help explain about the newer 3 bar MAP 12223861 with the additional harness:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/96951-3-bar-map-sensor-wiring-faq.html

In the thread, another TTA owner had the stock crossover resister harness on the 1st design MAP. (This is what I have now) I understand this newer 2nd design MAP is NOT a plug an play for the TTA application. But what's not clear in the thread, is were my question states in my previous post above.

Does my new 2nd design MAP(12223861) w/the new harness take the place of the current crossover resister harness? Or is the new harness in addition too the crossover resister harness? Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 384
Your factory plug has the wires in the correct position. The extension you have is wired wrong as the colors dont line up gray to gray, black to black.. but since it flips the colors is still in the correct location.

The MAP sensor you show can either be an original one or a wrong one. It is not a 12223861 as all the 12223861's have a decal with the part number on it.

On a 12223861 terminal A is ground, B is signal, C is 5 volts.

The resistor is needed when the boost guage on the dash is not at zero when key is turned on engine not running.

Key On 3 bar MAP reads 1.6 vdc on the green signal wire