Block differences

nboost

I was curious if there is a difference as far as internals go from a earlier turbo riviera engine to a a 86/87 GN? Im asking because i have access to a turbo riviera engine for cheap but would like to bolt everything else externally etc from a GN engine.

The big differences is the deck height on any non-109 is .030 taller. And if the Riv motor has a carb on it than the pistons are the same ones used on the NA motor. The cam is different. The oil pan and pick up are different and you will have to plug the turbo drain back hole on the back side of the block and drill a new hole on the front side. Really the only parts that are the same between any year of turbo'd Riv and the LC2 are the crank and conn rods.

thanks for the reply. i was looking on gnttype and was considering a 4.1 build. from the looks of it, it shows 8445 casting heads being on that engine on a particular year and thought i had read they came with a turbo crank? would this be a good way to go? been out of the loop for a while..