Black SS wheels on GN?

DailyMint84

Hey guys this is my first post. I was toying around with ideas for new wheels on my 84 GN. I remembered I had some 86 monte SS wheels laying around and decide to paint them black. Check out the attachment and let me know what u think. Also, are any modifications needed or will they just bolt up? I would powder coat the wheels and put GN center caps if I decided to use the wheels.

Attachments

• 106_0692.JPG
    106_0692.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 384
Hard to tell from the picture, but I always liked the look of black wheels. I assume the backspacing and all is good for proper fit on the GN???

I like black rims as well, but I already get enough people asking me what year my monte is, I could only imagine if I put SS rims on it. But that may just be the morons around here. I think they look good. ;)

No mods needed, they will bolt right nup!! Looking forward to seeing them on the car!! ---Jeremy

Squid4life said:
I like black rims as well, but I already get enough people asking me what year my monte is, I could only imagine if I put SS rims on it. But that may just be the morons around here. I think they look good. ;)

Don't worry it goes both ways. I always get "nice grand national", I love gn's don't get me wrong, but I have a monte. I plan on getting a plate that says
NOT A GN.

By the way I think your gn would look pretty slick with those wheels on it. Probably better than any other car i've seen them on.

ive got those rims on my blacked out ttype. i think they originally came on z28 camaros for a few years too. Mine are just bare aluminum and i think they look pretty good. I was actually thinking of getting them powdercoated black too. I like the style of them, they look good on a GN. When you put them on, make sure to post pics.

I have black chevy wheels on my T but they aren't from an SS :D

I have more pics on my cardomain site.

Attachments

• blah.JPG
    blah.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 305
The new Vectors have the wrong backspacing. I want a set but not unless they fix that.

Ssmnt408 said:
Don't worry it goes both ways. I always get "nice grand national", I love gn's don't get me wrong, but I have a monte. I plan on getting a plate that says
NOT A GN.

my daughters plate from her GN :eek:

Attachments

• nomonte.JPG
    nomonte.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 271
49-blues said:
I like the ones already on the car-the polished rim edges look good vs all black.
I agree, blk looks great, but needs a polished or brushed edge to break it up. If not it'll look like the car you're parked next to in the pic.
:p

The American Racing web site lets you create an imaginary picture of certain wheel and car combos.

Attached is "Torq Thrust D" on a GN, which I think looks nice: polished edge with black center.

But although the wheels look black in pic, I think in reality the center section is dark gray, so may not be quite the same.

Attachments

• GN Torq Thrust D.jpg
    GN Torq Thrust D.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 253