biggest bb turbo

85 TR

for a 2800 stall just curious i want to go as big as possible turbo so i figured the bb would help dont want to go much bigger on the stall since i already have the 2800 and the car is drivin on the street alot want somthing capable of high tens with quick spool on that converter is this possible?

thanks

a 66 BB is about as big as you could go and still have decent spool up. Cottons 65mm BB would be a good fit. I had a 70 BB with a 3200 stall and spoolup was average.

not really worried about the spoolup on the street as long as i can hold it on the converter at the track and have good 60 ft's .

so would the 65 from cottons work and what will it support for power thanks

Get Innovatives 66 dual bb turbo.

Great spool up and it will get you in the 10s.

85 TR said:
so would the 65 from cottons work and what will it support for power thanks

I have the 65 with a 9x11 3000 stall lockup, and it is a beast. It spools really quick. That would probably be your best bet with that small of a stall.

cool thanks guys guess thats the one ill pick up now onto the rest of the setup .

You'll want the 67dbb. It will outspool the other units not due to the bearings, but due to the rotational weight. The 67 components are quite a bit lighter.

Jose

JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
You'll want the 67dbb. It will outspool the other units not due to the bearings, but due to the rotational weight. The 67 components are quite a bit lighter.

Jose

Is that a Garrett piece? As far as Tnetics, I have heard of the 65, 66, and 70, but not a 67.

DCVING 6 said:
Is that a Garrett piece? As far as Tnetics, I have heard of the 65, 66, and 70, but not a 67.

Yes it is. The 67 is just the later series of mid 6Xmm wheels out now.

Jose

just to make shure is this a 3 bolt turbo thta will fit my uppipe and does it need to be water cooled or just oil? thanks

85 TR said:
just to make shure is this a 3 bolt turbo thta will fit my uppipe and does it need to be water cooled or just oil? thanks

The 65 is oil cooled and bolted up exactly as the PT-51 did that I replaced. The compressor housing is a bit big and may rub on your upper rad. hose. I just wrapped that section with a little black header wrap, can't even tell it's there. Also, it has a 4" inlet on it, so you will need an IAC angle adapter if you are going to run a 4" MAF pipe. I opted to do so and bought the adapter and a nice powdercoated MAF pipe from Full Throttle.

As far as the 67, I would talk to a few people and see whether that would work with only the 2800 stall. I assume it is a 12" converter?

yeah its a 12 inch converter if that what stock is it is a restalled d5 also i dont think ill have to worry about iac clearence i have a hotair with an intercooler so my porblem will be hood clearence but back to the last q all these turbo's are 3 bolt turbo's ?

85 TR said:
yeah its a 12 inch converter if that what stock is it is a restalled d5 also i dont think ill have to worry about iac clearence i have a hotair with an intercooler so my porblem will be hood clearence but back to the last q all these turbo's are 3 bolt turbo's ?

I know for a fact that the 65 and 66 are 3-bolt, and I'm willing to bet that the 67 is as well.

ball bearing or not, isnt a 12" 2800 stall a bit to low for a 66-67 turbo?? i have a 9" 3200 with a 66 bb and wouldnt go lower on the stall.

As far as the 67, I would talk to a few people and see whether that would work wi
DCVING 6 said:
The 65 is oil cooled and bolted up exactly as the PT-51 did that I replaced. The compressor housing is a bit big and may rub on your upper rad. hose. I just wrapped that section with a little black header wrap, can't even tell it's there. Also, it has a 4" inlet on it, so you will need an IAC angle adapter if you are going to run a 4" MAF pipe. I opted to do so and bought the adapter and a nice powdercoated MAF pipe from Full Throttle.

th only the 2800 stall. I assume it is a 12" converter?

do you have any times with the new turbo I have a pt-51 an just want to see what kinda gains did you get going to the bb 65

The 51 spooled fairly slow in my opinion, even with the 3000 stall. I went 12.71@106 1.85 short time on 18psi with a 20* chip.

No new times with the 65bb, but on the street it is a night and day difference. On the road pictured below, boost comes up quick and I can leave cleanly at 7-8psi.

Attachments

• hpim01443li.jpg
    hpim01443li.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 116