Best Run yet at Noble, OK - Thx Razor !!

geargrinder427

Heavy with a alky habit
I put on Julio's dual nozzle and with some tuning help, got the car to run 10.42 @ 131.85 mph :D in my run against a faster qualifying mustang at the Noble Ford vs. Buick shootout last weekend. I took the stang off the line and left him in the dust, he finished with a 11.02 at 111 mph so I guess he gave up or had issues keeping it straight. I know I have a few of my buick racing buddies looking at moving to alky injection now. Julio's kit and service are second to none.

I put on Julio's dual nozzle and with some tuning help, got the car to run 10.42 @ 131.85 mph :D in my run against a faster qualifying mustang at the Noble Ford vs. Buick shootout last weekend. I took the stang off the line and left him in the dust, he finished with a 11.02 at 111 mph so I guess he gave up or had issues keeping it straight. I know I have a few of my buick racing buddies looking at moving to alky injection now. Julio's kit and service are second to none.

Thats moving. Congrats :D

You outran my buddy Johnny Turpen's turbo Mustang. He has a bent axle in his coupe and it tried to get sideways and eat some wall, so he got out of it. You can hear the crowd react when he slid sideways.

Regardless, with the holeshot you got on him, you would have won the race anyway. I think he normally runs 10.20s or 10.30s, so he wouldn't have caught you. Here is a video of your run.

YouTube - sprayta's Channel

Nice pass.

Noble run

Thanks Guys !

To answer some of the questions:

Timing was 22.7Degrees at the hit but settled down to 21.9 Degrees and the boost hit 27 lbs.

1/8 mile was 6.695 at 104.55 mph.

My 1/4 mile speed was 131.77...minor correction....:rolleys:

Thanks for the video Will. Did your buddy's axle bend during the elimination race? I was expecting him to come around me, hopefully he will be back next year. I know I will be provided the car stay's in one piece :p

This was my first competition with this car since the rain out at Bowling Green and I spent most of the summer working on getting it to stick and fixing the tune. I still have some work to do to in order to play with the TAI class at Bowling Green next year :biggrin:

Thanks for the video Will. Did your buddy's axle bend during the elimination race? I was expecting him to come around me, hopefully he will be back next year. I know I will be provided the car stay's in one piece :p

No problem. I am sure he was pissed because I didn't video his car much because you were out in front :biggrin:

He bent his axle during his 2nd qualifying pass. He said it was making some terrible shaking/vibrating before half track. They jacked it up in the pits and discovered the axle was bent. I asked if he was going to run elims and his only response: "Hell yes :p"

He will be back next year, the Turpens have been bringing their cars for a few years. Hope you race him next year and take him out again :D

Another view of run

Thanks JD !! Too bad BG is still half a year away...:frown:

Here is a link to another view of the run that was shot from the starting line and posted by my buddy John Plog. You can see the Mustang get out of shape a bit on this video.......two attempts of linking to it here, hope one works..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyJ3GlxrGg[/YOUTUBE]

YouTube - Buick vs Ford Noble, OK Andrew Pace 0001

Gotta love that BRRRRRRRRR sound on the back end of the track :D