bearing chips in oil

screamindemon2

The motor developed a knock friday ,pulled the pan & it had a whole bearing in bottom of pan .Changed all rod bearing,they were all in good shape.didn't check mains,or cam bearing.Looking for suggestion,this is a 30000mi. Take out & rebuild the motor is .030 over & cylinder walls still have cross hone, & pistons look good. :eek:

I meant to say alot of bits & pieces of bearing,& should I pull it or replace all bearing & clean it out real good. :mad:

screamindemon2 said:
I meant to say alot of bits & pieces of bearing,& should I pull it or replace all bearing & clean it out real good. :mad:
Pull it and do a complete teardown and have it hot tanked. Otherwise you will never get it clean enough. The crank will neen attention also if it wasted bearing(s).

Hi,
The crank must have suffered mightily! Time for another overhaul. I think it is easier to do this on the stand, rather than trying a crank kit in the vehicle.Sorry for your trouble, good luck!

When I had an oiling issue due to coolant in the oil, bearings got ate up but wasn't the rods, it was the mains. Mains get oil before the rods, and can be bad before the rods. Mine were. :mad:

I'm probably the only one dumb enough to make this mistake but after the rebuild be sure to flush the oil cooler in the radiator. I made the mistake of thinking the people that rebuilt the radiator would do this but not so. Anyway, I had a ton of metal chips in the oil for the first 10,000 miles. Luckily, no immediate harm was done as I now have over 30,000 on the engine and great oil pressure. So far, so good.

turbox4 said:
I'm probably the only one dumb enough to make this mistake but after the rebuild be sure to flush the oil cooler in the radiator. I made the mistake of thinking the people that rebuilt the radiator would do this but not so. Anyway, I had a ton of metal chips in the oil for the first 10,000 miles. Luckily, no immediate harm was done as I now have over 30,000 on the engine and great oil pressure. So far, so good.
Its really hard to get all the chips out even with flushing. Usually a new radiator is in order. Good thing you mentioned this though.

engine

Pulling it out & going to add the 212-212 comp,rering it & all new bearings.Will keep yall posted.We think maybe alky was thining the oil going to have to change the oil more. :)