Awesome Vendor experience!

litz

OK, so my first experience with a local Buick Specialties tranny shop went terribly south, and it's partly my fault since I did not head the advice of friends to stay away from them. However, listening to my friends advice the second time around resulted in an awesome experience.

Upon having to need a rebuild due to a torque converter failure, I took the advice of a local friend and drove the 320 miles to Las Vegas to see Len at Perfomance Transmission. I handed him the transmission, and he did the rebuild in a day, while I waited and even tested the tranny in his Buick before sending me on my way. Very fair price, excellent work. I did have a problem after I reinstalled the trans in my car back in San Diego, 2nd gear shift was soft. I had Neal Steward drive it, and verified it was indeed soft. We discussed a date to drive back to Vegas to see Len. When we called Len to ask about a good day to come up, he offerred to drive to San Diego and pick up my car with his truck and trailer! He also offerred to meet me half way when the car was done to return it to me! All this at no charge. I ended up flying to Vegas to pick it up as I was on business travel.

Len picked me up at the airport in my car and let me drive it back to his shop to be sure I was indeed satisfied with the performance, and YES I AM!

Len, is indeed one of the most customer oriented vendors I have ever met, going beyond ones expectations to make things right.
He is also a heck of a nice guy. I can Highly recommend him to anyone needing tranny work in the Southwest! Worth the drive!

Turns out the 2nd gear band stretched and caused the shift issues.

To think of the headaches and issues I could have avoided had I gone to him the first time!

Since getting the car back last week, runs better then it ever did! Thanks to Len the car is more fun then it ever was!

Len can be reached at 702 434-2991 or Lentranz@aol.com

Had my previous post regarding DRW and Don Wang not been deleted you would really appreciate my enthusiasm.

Thanks.

Len is a DUDE :D No doubt about it. And he knows a thing or two about tranny's too ;) :)

Customer service is job #1

Bob,

I'm glad your transmission experience worked out so well with Performance Transmission. Len is a really down to earth guy and has a bunch of experience with transmissions and Buicks also. There are some really fast guys that take their cars to his shop and he owns a low 10 second stock block car himself. He does a lot of work on John Gallinas race cars and their trans work on the TTA and Markas Hot air Regal too.

There are a few people getting wind of his great product and service. I know Jason Cramer is running one of his transmissions in his 9 second TSM car. Myself and Jason Hall have both had great results in our Low 10 second street cars. There are a few other guys in So cal who have had good results too. Len deserves all the credit he's a great vendor and honest straight forward businessman. Keep up the good work Len!!

Neal

litz,

pretty scummy about the DRW place.

Whats even worse is your Post got deleted, might have prevented others from going there.

glad your new experiance went well.

Yea, originally Don from DRW asked that it not be deleted, but I think after the hole he dug himself, he reversed that decision and asked that it be deleted, not sure but would not be surprised. I had hoped to get a copy of it printed before it was deleted, but no such luck, my printer was down.

I would assume Don will have a copy of it when I see him in small claims court this Tuesday.

If anyone has a copy of the post I would appreciate getting a copy of it. email, bl@sige.com or fax to 760 943 8156.

Thanks.