Average Temp

RenR

Heavy Pressure
Whats your coolant temp after your car is warmed up?? Stock carb'ed setups please.

i just got a new motor installed and the needle stays at a constant 220 which is right in the middle of the guage so i guess thats ok( not boiling) but id like to see what other cars are running. Someone told me a new engine will also run a bit hotter until its broken in... Truth or myth....

BTW

everything stock
stock fan
165 t-stat
stock radiator.

Max 200F....very good. 260F idiot light turns on, (trouble). Mine stays 180-200, (with A/C on @97 degrees ambient temp outside).

Freddie's right. It shouldn't be that hot. What stat are you running? 160 I hope. You also might tell us if this sitting or moving. If moving you could add a skirt under it to force more air into the radiator and cool it down some.

185 on the highway. I have done almost zero city driving but if I need to I can always stick the other fuse in for the fan :)

driving city or highway its at a steady 220. do you think because its new its doing this?

WHAT THERMOSTAT DO YOU HAVE? There's lots of variables that can make a difference. Mechanical or electric fan, shroud or not, ect. A little more info will help tell give us a better idea. I've never had an engine stay that high myself, even a fresh one.

im about 150miles into the break -in period at its just under the 200 mark. Maybe any remaining air pockets worked themselves out. ill be keeping a close eye on the gauge though