Aussie newbie

Gday from downunder
Im looking at buying a black beast to import to Australia
i only know of 1 GN in my state they seem to be be super rare in Australia.
I saw my first GN when visiting the US over 11yrs ago and ive wanted 1 ever since.
Sean
My current rides are a supercharged 350 67 camaro and a 02 Monaro ( aussie GTO) hopefully soon a grand national :D

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere. & welcome to the Darkside, too.

*UPDATE*
I bought a car off the forums and its on its way to Australia (way too slowly)

105586d1279687873-87-gnx-replica-performance-oriented-car2.jpg

105595d1279688260-87-gnx-replica-performance-oriented-car.jpg

Its 85 T-type converted almost completely to a 87 GN/GNX all the stuff is there full 87 GN interior gnx looking gauge cluster with stewert warner guages. whole interior is new carpet to dash to headliner. trans is rebuilt rear end rebuilt with eaton posi and stock 3:42 gears. Engine is 87 20 bolt oil pan block with stroker kit Scat crank, Rods, and Diamond pistons. RJC girdle, ARP studs on everything. new Gn1 thick casting aluminum heads. Comp cams Hyd roller cam, morell roller lifters T and D roller rockers behive roller cam springs. Champion race intake manifold. Turbonetics 62-1 t4 with F1 wheel custom manifolds down pipe. Deltagate. turbo tweak chip. 62 Lbs injectors. 340 walbro new gas tank and sending unit assembly. Front mount intercooler custom made specifically for car. Bilstien shocks. $20,000 in engine alone

Plus on top of that heres parts ive bought already to fit
Precision Billet 6765 BB ported shroud turbo
Tial 60mm gate
80lb injectors
Bosch 044 fuel pump
New boxed lower and adjustable upper control arms

Wishlist: New weld wheels RT-S series

71lb_18_s71_black72_1_2_2.jpg
:D

Well after a drawn out process ive finally received the car today. Theres alot to be said buying something sight unseen.. buying from overseas has left a bitter taste in my mouth finding the floors rusty in a car i was told was rust free and very tidy. NOT HAPPY :mad: to be continued

Pics would be good.

On the upside, exact reproductions can be made if no donor regals can be found.

Ive resolved the issue with the previous owner and we came to a agreement to sort the issues out. so i wont go into it anymore because he sorted things out in a honorable manner

but heres some updates and parts ive been installing
before
engineshot.jpg

now work in progress
img0154zd.jpg

gone from 38mm deltagate with turbonetics huffa to precision 6765dbb and 60mm tial gate
img0155yz.jpg

still alot of of time and money to get it where i want it.
im upgrading the trans to a trans braked turbo 400 because the 200r4 is fried and also looking at sourcing another engine block to rebuild.

Looks like you're got it sorted out pretty well. The turbo should make it much more fun on the track.

Glad you were able to sort that out. Unfortunately, situations like this are the reason why I won't buy a car without actually seeing it in person...

Looks nice though!

Thanks I've done quite a bit of work on it so far I've rewired the engine harness and fitted Alky kit,scamaster,data logger,willwood front brakes. There's a shot in wheels thread with the new 18x8 and 18x10 Rushforth wheels too

sounds warm there. car looks great. kinda liken that air filter but seems kinda small but the Supra guys run to I guess. are TR's popular over there?

Mine is only 1 of 2 I know of in the whole of western Australia.I've never seen any even in our performance or cars for sale magazines. So yeah very rare down under

Hey aussie boostin. Great to see a Buick finally over here in Australia. I want one too, but spend too much on racing. Maybe when I retire from that i'll get a GNX to drive around in.
Have you found a block yet? I have a couple of stage 2 blocks and sets of heads etc. here. If you need anything, just let me know...

*UPDATE*

with repositioning of the turbo more $$$'s.
Ive had to get new precision plenum hat,angled idle control and 70mm acufab throttle body.. the new trans has been built and ready to ship soon.the converter is being done now too, cant wait for my first trans brake launch down the 1/4 mile :eek: