Are TTA'S really going for this much????

Stuff sells for what people are willing to pay for it.

Prices on some classic musclecars that are slower, handle and brake worse and are less rare than a hardtop TTA are double, triple and quadruple this.

UNGN said:
Stuff sells for what people are willing to pay for it.

Somebody is bidding on it. To bad its make an offer. I wonder what some people are willing to pay?

In a way its good to see our cars selling for this much. It raises the bar, or value even on the daily drivers. The only downside is the entry level prices will make them undesirable to those who dont have to money to join our ranks.

That car has been listed a few times, I don't think it will bring that kind of cash at least for the next few years. That is a way for the owner to list it cheap, get tons of visibilty, and then choose if he wants to take the highest offer. I bet anything over half the BIN price would take it easily.

Is it really that rare...To me, maybe not..is it a rare car because its hardtop and leather, only 24 of them like it, but those options don't make the car rare...yeah you could have the only Baracuda that came with green paint and blue vinyle, but does that really make the car worth so much more than the popular red/black that they may have made 1000 of?? Its the fact they put a Buick turbo 6 in a TA that makes it rare, so thats all of the 1555 of them, if you call that many rare. So until the general value of the TTA goes up considerably more, that car will not fetch that kind of $$, and if it does, then all TTA's just went up in value by several thousands of $$.

I think in 10 years, the hardtops will be about double the t-top cars in similar condition, what ever that value is, similar to the way convertibe 'Cuda's are double to quaduple the hardtops)

The Convertible TTA's will be out of sight.

A hardtop TTA is, after all, the fastest production car in the world (in Stage II bonneville trim, of course).

Remember that in 1974, you couldn't GIVE a Superbird away.

UNGN said:
I think in 10 years, the hardtops will be about double the t-top cars in similar condition, what ever that value is, similar to the way convertibe 'Cuda's are double to quaduple the hardtops)

The Convertible TTA's will be out of sight.

A hardtop TTA is, after all, the fastest production car in the world (in Stage II bonneville trim, of course).

Remember that in 1974, you couldn't GIVE a Superbird away.
-----------------------------
Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't think that there were any real verts in tta form. I know of a few dealer modified ones to vert form.
I would love to have a hardtop.

I read the article and those TTA's were "before sale" but post production conversions done by a company called American Sunroof. I guess your opinion would have to play in as to what a "real" vert is.

What if some of those 3 they made into convertibles were originally hardtop cars :eek:

And one of those 8 1969 Ram Air III convertibles is here in the DFW area completely disassembled at this time.

darkred87T said:
I read the article and those TTA's were "before sale" but post production conversions done by a company called American Sunroof. I guess your opinion would have to play in as to what a "real" vert is.

The company called "American Sunroof" is the same company that made the GNX, so I'm pretty sure this didn't reduce the value of the cars. :smile:

darkred87T said:
------------------------------
Basically, the verts were not a standard option, were they?