Anyone sneaking their car out this weekend?

This saturday's forcast for the Bowling Green kentucky area looks like 50's and sunny, so I'm going to Beach Bend dragstrip. Try to get there when the gates open at noon to make atleast 3 runs before late afternoon. Hope to get in the 11's, either way I'm excited about the early season at the strip before it gets too hot in the summer.
Saturday night "fun races" start in a month or so. It's like a car show!

I am wondering on what your new wheels look like? :biggrin:

Rears are already installed. Can't get the front wheels on until I have enough time and good enough weather to install the new front spindles with 12" F-body brakes. We'll see what I can get done this weekend. :biggrin:

Weather?

I still won't go out to the garage,It's to cold! Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Then I"ll do a spring cleaning.Yes this is the longest winter I can remember
in a long time!Have a good time.

I am down another 45 days due to the global warming around Northern Il and work. Got all my parts but it is still too cold. My 2 cents. BRAD

Haha... ya know... as Sunday gets closer I'm starting to doubt if I'll really get much done. One day isn't much time, don't want to leave stuff all pulled apart and dripping oil everywhere. Might have to calm myself down and wait like everyone else. :rolleyes:

For me- No way in Hell. I will wait until the salt is washed off the streets and all the potholes are fixed. My 2 cents. Brad

EXACTLY what I am going to do. Besides, I gotta lot of work to do on her this year before I bring her out again!

Yesterday at 8AM it was still cold enough so there was no water and the roads were dry. There was no salt on the side roads so I took my car out for about 1/2 hour and it was like free mental therapy! I can't wait until spring!!!!

Ditto here, I took mine out for a quick spin down the road today.:) Made some adjustments on the TV Cable. Man I cant wait for the weather to break for good. Deren

I pretended to take mine out...

I imagined that I took mine out and did a few 27# passes down forest preserve drive. Since the car is still apart thats all I can do.:frown:

Yup, I slept until 2pm and never ended up touching the car. I knew when I grabbed a bunch of tools out of my tool box at work on Saturday evening that I probably wasn't going to use them. Ohhhh well. I did at least go outside for a while to breathe some warm(er) air!

This saturday's forcast for the Bowling Green kentucky area looks like 50's and sunny, so I'm going to Beach Bend dragstrip. Try to get there when the gates open at noon to make atleast 3 runs before late afternoon. Hope to get in the 11's, either way I'm excited about the early season at the strip before it gets too hot in the summer.
Saturday night "fun races" start in a month or so. It's like a car show!

Trans went away 3 miles out of town. Done for a good while, no Buick meet for me this year:mad: :(

Not close for me, it's gonna have to rain a ton more with some sunny days before I take it out.

I've been starting it once a week though while waiting outside in this crap ass cold weather. :frown:

Ahhhhhhhhhh I just got in from a two hour drive. I feel better. :cool:

Nice! I tried to get mine up and running for a drive on Weds but I currently have no intake before the turbo and there's no way to weasel this full throttle 4" maf pipe in there without moving a bunch of crap out of the way, so I didn't get to do it.

Nice! I tried to get mine up and running for a drive on Weds but I currently have no intake before the turbo and there's no way to weasel this full throttle 4" maf pipe in there without moving a bunch of crap out of the way, so I didn't get to do it.

Can you tell me how the 4" maf pipe install goes? I think that is going to be my next purchase, maybe sometime later this summer. I'm kind of gathering opinions and info on it because it seems to be a large bulky piece that needs a bit of "massaging".

Awesome. I uncovered mine and started. I let run for a beer and then covered it back up.

just A beer? Uncovering the car is a one beer job alone. Starting it up and letting it warm up completely is at least another beer. Covering the car back up...yet another beer. You short changed yourself my friend. You must of been in a hurry.:D

LOL :biggrin: You're right I did short change myself. It sounds like you probably cook on the grill the same way I do. My wife asks "How much longer on those steaks" My reply is simple "about a beer or so".