Anyone running a Quick performance 9"?

AlaskaGN

I was just curious if anyone on here was running one of the 9" bolt in kits they sell. They are the cheapest I can find. Seemed like a decent company on the phone.

I have one in my T type

good value, good unit.
using strange carrier w/ big bearing, moser 35 spl axles, QP disc set up.
spool,3.50 gear.

lots to assemble

You will recieve it in pieces ie, diff, housing, brake kit...Youll need to upgrade to a longer drive shaft (mine 55 3/8in) and use adjustable upper control arms to get the right pinion angle if you dont want to wipe out transmissions.Do not get disc's unless you want to ommit the emergency brake( they sell explorer drum brake kits) ; their GM metric disc's with emergancy brake are junk.Never could get them bleed and after buying a $15.00 sock GM metric caliper (they have them) each side bleed in 10 minutes.The mounting bracket for the rear brakes if going to disc requires grinding the bolt or housing down to get it in. Also ck to make sure your brake line from body to diff is a 3/8 -24 or a 7/16 - 20 if it's a 7/16 -20 youll have to mode the original line with adapters to the aftermarket steel braided lines they sell which are -4's.Takes time and definately alot of mock up.I believe eventhough more expensive the Currie is more user friendly. Think your cost of personal time and enjoyment. Cheaper is not always better unless you have the background in that.

Thats some good info to know. I kinda figured you pay for what you get. Its tough to pass up the savings though..talked to both Currie and Q.P. and the difference is big..but time is something I dont seem to have a lot of.. I want to be able to enjoy driving not working on the dang thing.:D

I run currie bolt in 9 inch,($1100 if memery serves)drum break,GM bolt pattern,with trac-lock an was 3:50 gears..bought it in the late 80's !!! Its still in the car,but now with aerospace disks an 3:20 gear, 3:50 gear with 28 inch tall tire only got me 1/8 mile, then the car was done,now with 3:20 i pull to over 150mph..i make least 600hp to the wheel though..

hellobozos-albums-87-buick-orlando-09-11-picture3085-rear-shot-auto-cross-tires-11-inch-wide-currie-9.jpg

Enjoy!