Anyone Running 10's on Alkey?

Yes. 101 unleaded and water alcohol. 70% methanol/30% water. I have a kit from Carroll.

there was another guy in OR/WA area that busted off a 10 second et as well. He posted it in the alchy section... but after looking it hopefully is archived.

I think Geno did a high 10 with 91 octane (no alchy) with his Stage 1 motor and T-70BB.

-GNX7

it would be interesting to know the race weight of the 10 sec alky cars...........

I ran a 7.2 (in the 1/8th) with C-16 and 1 pint of alky (in the windshield washer reservoir) - does that count?

:D

its as good as running 100 octane unleaded.....

depends on your car/combo what that is good for....race gas will always take you farther but at a cost

Originally posted by azgn
its as good as running 100 octane unleaded.....

Yes and no. There is a HUGE benefit to cooling the charge whether you're using race gas or unleaded. Although there is a limit to the octane you'll actually achieve.

I agree it isn't something you just bolt on and go 10's...or for that fact even 11's. A LOT of it has to do with the combo and the car.

Originally posted by azgn
it would be interesting to know the race weight of the 10 sec alky cars...........

I'd tell ya it was 3350 with me in it (me being around 150) but the scales at my track aren't the most accurate. Full interior, ac, sound system etc...95% street driven and 100% street legal!

Kev :)

I'm close, but not quite yet... No alcohol, just some Amoco 93-octane @ 18 psi boost!!

K.

...and what does your car weigh?

( ya gotta tell the whole story...or maybe we are talking a Stage motored car?)

The car weighs 3350# plus me 200# = 3550#

Stock '109 block 3.810 bore, stock crank .010/.010, stock rods, iron heads. 10-gallons Amoco 93-octane, 1st pass off the trailor with new combo @ Rockingham Dragway, with a lazy 1.7? launch.

K.

that's sorta like saying Kenny Duttweiler's cars are fast:)

means nothing to the regular TR mortal, 'cause they'll never get there!

I think it is way way possible. Hell I run in the mid 11's on a stock motor.. what .5 seconds..thats nothing.

BTW, Ritchie I ran 11.71 last nite first pass.

Second pass tranny toasted..

I'll be doing heads and cam next week.. I say 10.80-11.0's at 124-126 are way possible..given you "TUNE".

Alky is new stuff... and a lot of the faster cars are happy running 116.. why?? Dunno..

I bet my kit on 93 will outdo your timeslip on race gas...hell you already run a low timing chip.

Wanna bet :D

No one has said anything about propane

I figured there would be a good number of people running 10's on alky but i still haven't heard anyone who has gotten that fast or that fast consistently on the propane system. Afer all the rage everyone talked about it now i once in a while will only see a post about it.

So who has gotten rally fast on propane, not flaming propane in anyway, just wanted to know but it looks to me like alky is still the way to go

Robert

Originally posted by V6DVette
Didn't you just have that rebuilt? Geese Julio...

I'm never gonna finish this car!:(

I feel your pain brother. I guess if the car was running 13.0's it wouldnt be a problem..something is still not rite.. i'm confident the builder will get it figured out. Really confident.

Was going over DS runs and it took over 100 feet to complete a shift, vs other cars that take on average 40-60 feet to complete a shift. So the power is taking its toll or ??? Dunno..

I'm never going to have a working tranny! :(

hehe

BTW.. Richie.. call me.. stop piddling ;) And I need a cork oil pan gasket.. hehe