Anyone Remember the "Budget Roller Cam" Fiasco?

Wow this topic just seems to lay dormant for a few but never actually die. I predict however that this topic will not come out again after the year 2012.....when the world ends.....hopefully.....

*note : if the world doesn't end in the year 2012 all bets are off

Hey let's talk about Bowling Green Customs credit card service and Keith Mease's ethics while we are at it:rolleyes::confused:

If your true motive was to know how they were holding up, just ask that question.

Dream On

Wow this topic just seems to lay dormant for a few but never actually die. I predict however that this topic will not come out again after the year 2012.....when the world ends.....hopefully.....

I plan on living to be 100 and keeping the topic alive.

There was no pompousness or worry about trade secrets or anything like that. The fact is, I couldn't answer peoples questions about it because I no longer had the answers. I likely told you the same thing I have to tell everybody that asks about it.

It's a B&M street stick, and no I don't know how to get one, because B&M quit making them and the plate decades ago. Long before you and I even met, so I just didn't have any answers to give.

I think the people that know me know that I have always been open and free with any info I have. If I don't know the answer to something I dont make stuff up or BS to make it sound like I know more than I actually do.

If I came off that way then it certainly wasn't intentional or even awares.

Its all good Dave. I appreciate the clarification and even though you are a Navy guy, (Go AF) I'd still buy you a beer sometime ;-). Since it's obviously a sensitive subject, maybe I should have prefaced this thread with a purpose statement. About the time this fiasco was ending, I started a family, sold my GN (regretfully) and got out of Buicks. 9 years, a wife and 2 kids later, I'm slowly in the process of getting back into building a T, time permitting. I never really heard what the remedies were, but I personally got an offer to send my damaged piece back to Modern Musclecar for a 50% refund, which I did. I believe others got different resolutions from either Comp Cams or other vendors. So for the record, its not about trying to dig up old crap, slam vendors or not have a life, as Sweetwater GN so eloquently put it.

I will step up and do my due diligence and bring it up after 2012

I think budget described the cost, roller described your car soon after you tried to run it. :eek::rolleyes:

Holy thread necro! Here is a pic of one of the failed cams... Took out a new motor; nothing budget about it!