Anyone Interested in NC Club?

Ok.. So the concensus is that there are clubs out there. but nothing really formalized in Raleigh/Durham area? Ok.. Why not have a meeting (informal) and meet in April on a weekend? Anyone up for that? I know I went to a S Fla meeting and it was a great turnout, great discussions, blah blah blah..

So that being said would anyone like to meet the first weekend in April?

I could possibly make it if it was during the 2nd weekend in April. 1st weekend I'm on call for my job and at that time of the month it is usually rather busy.

Darrell Jackson
'87 GN

I would like to meet some local TR owners. As far as attending a get together, it would depend on when and where.

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
How long does it take to get there from my area?
K.
If I'm not mistaken, you're from the Pineville area? My girlfriend used to live near there. From Exit4 Hwy 77 it would take me 1hr 15 minutes in ZERO traffic (4am) add 30 - 45 minutes with normal Charlotte traffic to get to exit 111 I85. Piedmont is 30 more minutes north.
If you want some good street action come to High Point some time this summer. It'll make for a nice night out with the fellas.
We've got at least 10 TR's and TTA's in this area.

Warp6---I have heard that there is a weekly car gathering somewhere in the High Point area. Do you know where it is and what night? Thanks.

there's a local gathering starting during the warmer months. It's put together by some "older" guys. It's called "Let's talk Cars". People show up Thursday evenings in the old Rose's dept store parking lot at the corner of Market Center Dr. and South Main ST. High Point. Right next to Sonic Drive In. 1800 S Main St. High Point, NC 27260
They also have some bigger more organized meetings with at least one or two large vendors (Holley for one) on scheduled dates. Not sure when that is though, I think one is coming up. It's just a very large gathering of enthusiasts and car nuts to show off their rides and talk bs in general. No judging or anything, just hanging out. You'll see any kind of car imaginable. Cobra's, 55-57 Chevy's, Mustangs, 'Vettes, Camaro's old and new, TR's, Mopars, etc. On any given Thursday it's not uncomom to see at least 40 - 50 cool cars there and roaming the surrounding streets.

a club closer would be good for me also ,i live in springhope nc 30min from raliegh sounds good to me LETS GET IT ON rick

If you think you can get a big enough group I might be able to put it on at the shop, I might would be able to have some food on hand also. But the race season starts the first weekend in april. maybe the 19th or 20th for me. I coould put a call out and have some cars up here for sure.

Warp6---What exit would get me there off I-40 or I-85. I would be coming from the Burlington area. Thanks.

Kewl... I guess there is quite a bit of interest.. So lets get together and have an informal meeting to discuss a formal schedule/meeting and potential club for NC...

"TURBOKID If you think you can get a big enough group I might be able to put it on at the shop, I might would be able to have some food on hand also. But the race season starts the first weekend in april. maybe the 19th or 20th for me. I coould put a call out and have some cars up here for sure. "

Since Richie (TurboKid) may let us use the shop it may be a good place to do it..(If you have not been there...He has some nice discussion items like his 8 sec beast..) Hell depending upon when it is, you all may get a chance to see my ride on the operating table....

Any he maybe able to sell you some slicks.. ;)

----Would anyone care to have an "unofficial" meeting on the weekend of the 19th? If Turbokid lets us use his place, he is between I95 and the Raleigh Beltline (440) off of I 40 so it sounds like decent middle ground.

Let me know...Either by repost or email @ aperrego@earthlink.net and if lets see if we can get some folks together and I will coordinate things here....

FT Bragg Anyone?!

Hey everyone, I just got to FT Bragg/Fayetteville area... is anyone in the area around? I'm a lonley GN on post here...lol Well Give me a call 910-322-3577 or email me at Orion328@Yahoo.com I'm looking for a club or just somebody to hang out with and talk TRs or even help work on them...I love to work on them! I can't check email all the time so feel free to call my cell! Thanks!

PFC Cory Gober *82nd Airborne Division Combat Engineer*