Anyone Interested in NC Club?

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Hey all you fellow rednecks... Anyone interested in organizing a NC Turbo Regal club? Or is one already established?

Have one 5-13 Apr I plan on being up there in Fayetteville,NC .
Maybe the car will be back together by then too.
Jim

It would be nice to have one in the Triangle or surrounding areas. The state is too broad to have just one specific club.

Darrell Jackson
'87 GN

I agree.. The state is rather large.. How many GN/TR are in the Triangle? Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill and surrounding?

It's not really a club, but there's a few of us SyTy/ GN/TR that get together at Jordan Lake to cookout and BS about twice a year. Will probably do again maybe May or early June. Just watch for the posts in this section

hmmmmmmmm i might be buying an GN shortly. I had an 1995 z28 running 12.4@118 150 shot an 12.8@113 100 shot but the car burnt down last tuesday. I'm goona need alot of help with my Gn I don't know noffin about GN.

A club IS already established...

the Carolina Chapter of the GSCA...this is an "official" club recoginized by the National GSCA.

The club consists of North and South Carolina.

I know this is VERY broad, but I am involved in this club, and I'm from Daville, VA about 40 minutes north of Greensboro on 29. Most of the meetings are in Charlotte or the surrounding area's...about a 2 hour drive for me. Not too bad to have the company, and instruction from the experienced ones. We have about 30-40 members with everything from t-types to GNX's and some GSX's, including TTA's. Dues are $25 a year, and your automatically subscribed to the Club newspaper...

Thought I'd let you guy's know...

John

I know that did exist, I was thinking of a more localized one...I am in on the GSCA membership..

It would be nice to have one closer to me too, but getting together for stuff seems to be a hard thing to do nowadays. I know of a few turbo Buicks around here but they're either owned by older people who garage them or people who have let them go, so to speak. It's hard to find nice ones anymore....here at least.

By the way.... are any of you near Wilson and do you go to Brewer's drag strip? If so, let me know next time ya go so we can get a li'l Buick respect goin on. I've seen Richie race there a few times. There's also another guy there, but I don't know his name. He has a GN with GNX rims, if I remember correctly. He races too...mid 12s I believe. Anyone know him?

It's just outside of Wilson. I believe it is just an 1/8 mile track. Richie can tell you more about it as I believe he has been there far more than me. I've seen him run easy high 5's there.

I gotta take my gn to richie.. Having some strange noises from the tranny area.. I'll ask him then.

I live in Mebane, NC which is just east of Burlington, and I would be interested in a Triangle area club.

I know a few of you guys came to Mooresville Dragway this past fall when we all met up there. We're looking to do something like that again but at a different track. Check the post out here in the southeastern section and chime in with any ideas!!

How far are you from Rockingham, etc.??

K.

About 2.5 hours. Have you ever been to Piedmont Dragway in Greensboro? It is 1/8 mile.

Originally posted by Look Quick
Have you ever been to Piedmont Dragway in Greensboro? It is 1/8 mile.

No I haven't, but a guy I work with bracket races and he has been there many times. How long does it take to get there from my area? How does there schedule look for test-n-tune dates?

How about posting about Piedmont on the other topic. Maybe we can get some of our heads together and make it a nice turn-out, which ever track gets chosen.

K.

Hi, I am in the Raleigh/Garner area and definitely like to see a monthly gathering of Buicks. Charlette is a little far for me, even through I did make it down to Mooresville for the test & tune.

Last year we had about 12 turbo Buicks show up at Grill 57 for their monthly cruise in.
They will start having the cruise in again either in April or May.
So, I am up for anything in the 50-75 mile circle.

Gary Mitchell
turbogn@nc.rr.com