Anybody with late model S10 blazer brakes and larger wheels, come inside!

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Guys,

Years ago we did a system called the GT that was a direct bolt on to the late model S10 blazer spindle. This is the spindle most of you have used to put the larger 2 piston caliper on your cars (with the sealed bearing pack hubs).

I looked into it this morning, and we still have the drawings to do this bracket. It is real simple, with this bracket (that is a total bolt on) you can then install C5 Corvette calipers and rotors onto this spindle.

This will covert your system to a 2 piston aluminum caliper and a 12.75" x 1.26" directionally vaned rotor.

I am getting an idea of cost and how quick we can run the brackets (not sure yet) but I am putting this out there as a "feeler" as it will require larger diameter wheels (might fit some 16" and 17" wheels). This will be a harder fit since the Corvette C5 rotor is a shallow hat.

If I get this done I don't care how we do it. You can buy just the brackets from me, or brackets and slotted, drilled rotors and/or the entire set up.

Does any of this sound interesting?? Are there many out there with larger wheels?

Thoughts?

Rick

16" wheels here Rick. I'd like to see how muh it will cost of course but I might be interested. How about a bracket that would mount just the corvette caliper on the stock blazer rotor? That would also help stop better.:)

Hey Charlie,
Long time no talk! :)

I have a template I can send you to check fitment in the 16".

The problem with the Corvette caliper is the anchor bracket that is part of the caliper. I am pretty sure we do not have enough room to bring it down and still fit a bracket in there to bolt it to the spindle. I plan to look into it, but I dont think it is possible.

LOL Yea Rick, long time no talk.:) I'll PM you my address if you want to send it down. I'd be more than happy to see how well it fits.

As far as putting the Corvetter caliper on the 11" stock rotor I'll see about looking it up and if it'll fit or not. Simple things seem to work the best from what I've found and most guys understand simple. How about an earlier dual or quad piston caliper that might fit the 11" rotor set up?

Rick, I'm interested... I currently have 17" wheels, Blazer spindles with the 11" brakes, and have been considering upgrading for a while.

Let me know what you have available when you get it figured out. I'd definitely buy the adapter bracket, and would consider calipers/lines or rotors as well.

Guys,

Anybody that is interested and wants to verify fitment in their wheels send me an e-mail at RickE@Baer.com. I can e-mail the template and instructions (it is easy to use and prints out on a piece of paper).

I am planning on a steel bracket that will be zinc plated. My goal is to get the pair of them around $75 (not set in stone yet!), but I will need 10-15 in this to make this bracket idea happen.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Thx!

Thats a good price theres a guy online selling them for $110 with the bolts to install it..If you look up the old threads theres a link to him in a couple of them...just to give you an idea....

I just bought the spindles so with your brackets i can run vette brakes.
Sounds good to me.Post up some package prices.

I will get more details and pricing up next week (sorry, this week back from SEMA has been nuts). I sent a template to Charlief1, he is going to test it in his 16" wheels and report back. I have a strong feeling since the C5 rotor is so shallow it will cause fitment issues.. but we will see. If things work well, and we have good interest I will put up builder prices so you guys can have it any way you want. For example brackets $75, plain C5 rotors $$, slot, drill, zinc rotors $$, calipers $$. I am really just trying to help out so if all you want are brackets and you can get rotors and used calipers some where else cheaper.. go for it. We even have rebuild kits for those calipers :)

Keep in mind if this moves forward I have to get brackets built, so once we decide to do this it will probably be 3 weeks or so since we will want everything nice and plated :)

I will get back to you guys next week!

Thx!

Just so everyone knows, I'll be trying a pair of GTA fronts and a pair of copies that Kirban used to sell. If someone else has a different set of 16" wheels send a note to Rick and we can find out if they'll fit. The more info that Rick can get means that he can tell you if the brake upgrade will fit if you have any questions.:)

Hey Rick! I have the 2nd gen S10 brakes and GTA wheels on my GN. If you want to check fitment in person let me know. I will be out of town next week though. The GN is back on the road BTW.