Anybody on E85 running a Champion S53C (697) Spark Plug? (E85/GN1 heads)

Autolite AR474 is looking very good so far. Nice light tan color. No speckling.

The AR472's were too cold. The Champion S53C also too cold.

Steve,

I have GN1 going to run E85 with hartlines COP system. Are you happy with the AR474?

Thanks
Denny

Thanks Steve. I guess I have to order them most parts stores don't have them even listed in their system

What gap would You recommend?

they come with a tight gap (.028-.030) and a cutback strap. with the cutback strap, you can't really change the gap too much. just a little.

advance auto sometimes has them, and the website lets you check stock locally.

The AR474 is cold (NGK8), the 473 is colder (NGK9), and the 472 is really cold (also NGK9).

Any of you guys run into issue putting in 14mm spark plugs in GN1-r heads? It's like the spark plug hole is small

do the R heads have the same thread as a regular GN1? Not sure but I would think so. 14mm tapered seat with a .708" reach is what the regular GN1 uses.

Not sure Steve. My guy is installing the Cop system and is very familar with GNs. He was trying on some plugs he had laying around for test fit until the ar474 come in and he said that they don't fit. It's like everything else on this build nothing fits like its suppose to. These are brand new heads that were never used. If nobody knows I will have to call Champion.

the instruction booklet that comes with the heads should indicate the plug type.

Don't have that I bought them from someone who already had them so just got the heads themselves. I appreciate all the help Steve. I'll update you once we figure it out.

So Prad called Champion, for R heads they are 12mm plugs. Recommend plugs are AR4132 or AR4133. Steve any recommendations which plugs to go side ways on E85? :)

The GN1 R heads take the 12mm thread on the spark plugs. You can use Autolite AR-4132 or AR-4133. This serves two purposes, the smaller diameter gives more material around the plug as well as there is more material between the spark plug hole and the intake seat. On higher horse power applications, the heads used to crack between the spark plug hole and the intake seat. This cures that problem.

HTH
Prasad

P thank God they fixed that I was afraid I was going to crack the heads with all the horsepower I was going to make..lol

The AR4133 crosses to an NGK 7 heat range and the AR4132 is colder, it crosses to an NGK 8 heat range. Order both and try them out.