Anybody know what this plug is for??

gnon18s

Just curious what this extra plug is for. It appears to be taped off from the factory and hangs behind the dash near the glove box opening. Its fairly large with a heavy IGN+ wire.

Attachments

• IMG_9614.jpg
    IMG_9614.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 398
Thanks for the response but I'm positive it was there from the factory. It had the kind of tape over it like the factory uses on wiring and it has a pink hot wire like a lot of the under dash wiring. I'm assuming it was for a factory option my car didnt have, but I cant think of a factory option that would require such a large plug.

My guess would be twilight sentinel connector for the module, unless you have that option, then you got me :confused:

I have two dashes in my basement and neither have that plug. One is my 87limited and the other is a 87 we4. You got me I was thinking it was for an automatic temp control head unit being that it is so close to center of dash but I never seen one

I guess I should have said the car is an 87' GN. Oh well, its no big deal, I just was curious because I tapped into the ignition+ wire for something else and the plug had me baffled.

Plugs into the twilight sentinal amplifier. Should be a large white plastic box very near that plug. If you have twilight sentinal that is.

It is 100% for the twilight sentinel option. All the cars had the pigtail for that option just not all cars have the option installed. If you pulled the bezel around the gauges you'll notice and opening next to the interior light dimmer switch. That is where a second dimmer switch would be located for the twilight sentinal option. The pigtail you're asking about plugs into the amplifier for it right behind the glove box. open the glove box and you might have the box back there. I was delighted to find mine had all the pieces for that option minus the dimmer switch. In order to add this option all you need to do is add that second dimmer switch, the new applique with the twilight sentinel opening, the amplifier box, and the photo eye on the dash. Here's my same pig tail in my car that goes to the amplifier box. HTH

0908010416.jpg

it is 100% for the twilight sentinel option. All the cars had the pigtail for that option just not all cars have the option installed. If you pulled the bezel around the gauges you'll notice and opening next to the interior light dimmer switch. That is where a second dimmer switch would be located for the twilight sentinal option. The pigtail you're asking about plugs into the amplifier for it right behind the glove box. Open the glove box and you might have the box back there. I was delighted to find mine had all the pieces for that option minus the dimmer switch. In order to add this option all you need to do is add that second dimmer switch, the new applique with the twilight sentinel opening, the amplifier box, and the photo eye on the dash. Here's my same pig tail in my car that goes to the amplifier box. Hth

View attachment 142440
x2 brother!!! I think only the 2nd design harness had the addl plug(with security)