Anybody Here Using Windows Vista????

86 TR

Work In Progress
My computer has the windows vista operating system. Anybody else out there also running this.??? Im really starting to hate it. It seems like everytime I turn on my computer some program isn't compatible with it.:mad:

I have McAfee security center installed, and just tonite its telling me my computer is not fully protected?? I tried to go to the website it told me and try to fix the problem but nothing??? WTF!! McAfee said my computer, files, etc. are protected but the parental controls, and internet, email arent?? Im really getting fed up with this. My old computer has the windows xp and Ive never had a problem with that.

Within one week and couple of months ago, I was sent 15 updates to fix security problems....

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems like I have had so far.

I just bought a new laptop a week ago and that is whats on it; no issues YET;)

No turbolink here, but TunerProRT isn't a walk in the park. I started to like vista, but now I am thinking about reverting to XP. You can emulate XP from Vista, but you still have the same issues.

I was told by 2 computer gurus at work to stay away from it, even if I buy a new system to buy a Windows XP & trash the Vista.

I've got Ultimate on my home machine, and have only found a couple programs that it initially didnt like, set them up in compatibility mode and away I went....I did do a clean install, rather than upgrade my XP machine.. All in all doesnt seem to be any better or worse an experience than any other "major" windows upgrade I've played with... :D

Same issues as you on my end. We bought a new PC this spring and it gives the same messages. I just hate how it asks if you wan't to renew McAfee all the time.

I play online poker. I have a Cable modem and this PC freezes up all the time.
We have another computer downstairs that was just older and works fine. Wish we had never bought this one.

Maybe JayC will chime in. He runs both versions.... Personally it seems vista requires way to much ram to run it. I am sticking with XP on my PC's. I have bought a couple of laptops with Vista. No issues yet but like stated above most of your programs aren't going to be Vista friendly. I am probably buying a new batch for my finance company, 20+ computers. My PC guy and Jay told me to stick with XP....

IMO Vista shouldn't have been released yet. It will be good as it matures, but for now, there are still a lot of issues with hardware and software compatability.

For you guys running McAfee, I have one word of advise: Avast - you can download it from avast! antivirus software - computer virus, worm and Trojan protection by ALWIL Software . I have taken McAfee off of all of my personal machines and replaced it with Avast as IMO it is one of the best AV programs out there and is free for home use! I would take it over McAfee and Symantec any day.

I've had my Vista laptop since Dec and have had very few problems. Everyone wants the "newest" and they want it yesterday which forces the computer makers to put things out on the street without being properly tested..........AND we become the testers of their products then.

Anyone remember when XP first came out? Yup, there were issues and they still are sending out updates. Let's just be glad that Microsoft is committed to keeping out computers running!!!!!

I bought an inexpensive laptop with only 512 RAM and I couldn't have several windows open at once. I upgraded to 2 gig and it rocks now........BTW the RAM was $79 from Comp USA, well worth it.

Nothing but problems with my Vista. :mad: Wish I had my windows 98 back! My XP gave me endless problems as well. Windows is basically a monopoly so were all beat unless u go to a MAC.

Vista is a RAM hog.. other than that, I like it.

DirectScan isnt gonna work on XP or Vista. DOS programs are not allowed to capture ports under XP or Vista.

I work in the software development business and have been using Vista since last fall on various computers. I am not a fan of how they moved things around and UAC is a PITA. When you turn of UAC Vista will complain that your not fully protected (from yourself).

I run FAST Classic and could not get it work with Vista so back to XP I went on my laptop.