Any one lose a 86 TTop GN? This on Ebay

I missed this one. That place is 5 miles from my house. I saw it on the lot but never looked at it. Haven't been on here much. That place was on american pickers a few years ago.

TOLD HIM HE WAS HIT .. STILL LOOKING FOR 3 HURST OLDS STOLEN FROM A MEET .. SAME MO STOLEN FROM HOTELS AT NIGHT IN INDY .. ONLY ONE HAS BEEN LOCATED . STILL ON THE HUNT ! AUCTION RECORD'S WILL HELP TO FIND THE PERPS .

If you look at the photo of Beers Auto Sales in post #42, there is a Hurst Olds on his car lot. Hmmmmm... I wonder if that was one of those Olds that were stolen back then.

Awesome job on tracking the stupid puds down who stole the car. The internet can be used for good........... :) There is nothing worse than someone taking something from you, especially a collectible vehicle.

On a side note, I had a GMC Typhoon stolen years ago and the insurance paid me off too. The vehicle was re-vin'd and sold at a State auction. I was originally told that they found pieces of the vehicle and evidence of the VIN......but the vehicle was spotted several years later all in one piece. The damn thing kept showing up in my face every 2 years or so for a while, once out in front of a local shop for sale (first owner after it was taken from me and sold at auction) and once at a drag strip up in South Bend, IN, under new ownership again of course. I could have bought it back probably, but from a different owner and an F'ed up title to boot.

If you look at the photo of Beers Auto Sales in post #42, there is a Hurst Olds on his car lot. Hmmmmm... I wonder if that was one of those Olds that were stolen back then.

I thought exactly the same thing. Collectible car as well. They are doing what others did all through the 90's......stealing G-Body cars because they were the easiest to steal.

I'll echo... great jobs guys, its good to get the bad guys and recover the car.

I love the HRPT but it is a haven for car thieves. I will be long haulin this year and I worry about my car all of the time.

I will/do have fuel shutoff on the car, alarm system (who pays attention to those?) I guess they could flatbed the car but they for sure won't drive it away.

I wonder did he have any type of alarm system or fuel cutoff on the car?? Just curious.

THE 2 IN QUESTION ARE BOTH 1979 HURST OLDS .. WHITE/GOLD . THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN LOCATED WAS BLACK /GOLD . IT WAS FOUND IN AN ALLEY IN INDY WITH THE INTERIOR STRIPED. THE GOLD WAS PAINTED OVER BLACK TO HIDE IT .

THE 2 IN QUESTION ARE BOTH 1979 HURST OLDS .. WHITE/GOLD . THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN LOCATED WAS BLACK /GOLD . IT WAS FOUND IN AN ALLEY IN INDY WITH THE INTERIOR STRIPED. THE GOLD WAS PAINTED OVER BLACK TO HIDE IT .

Could have been this one? Was originally posted by phrosty
beers.jpg

I'll echo... great jobs guys, its good to get the bad guys and recover the car.

I love the HRPT but it is a haven for car thieves. I will be long haulin this year and I worry about my car all of the time.

I will/do have fuel shutoff on the car, alarm system (who pays attention to those?) I guess they could flatbed the car but they for sure won't drive it away.

I wonder did he have any type of alarm system or fuel cutoff on the car?? Just curious.

Layers, upon layers upon layers
Anti-theft and theft recovery.

I for one am more convinced than ever that the real threat comes from rogue scumbag snatch-n-grab repo tow trucks.
Rollbacks perhaps, but they take more time and make more racket.
Maybe - on rarer occasions - trailers with winches.
Then the occasional old timer with a dent puller and a screwdriver - but not for any sort of decently inhibited car.

That's why all the Revelcos, column guards, kill switches, fuel cutoffs, safety chips, clubs, alarms are meaningless if they snatch-n-grab.
They just slow down the semi-pro players.
And slowing down is not a bad thing anyway.

Because if you let technology be your friend, a decent alarm with a silent notification (not a ya-ya-ya thing) to your iPhone, the GPS motion / virtual fence text to your cell phone, and the LoJack motion alarm to your iPhone will get you in motion - quickly.
All of our TR's qualify for LoJack's Collector Car model, which has not only the early warning, but the high-tech lithium/ion battery that is self powered.
Lojack does not currently offer that L-Ion battery for the new car installations - or so they tell me.

Once they get it - It then shifts to theft recovery - which means at least three layers in my book.
GPS; LoJack, and another hidden tracking methodology if they find or disable the first two.
Sadly, that all adds up to thousands of dollars - but so does a theft loss.

However - were I going on any road tours or to meets (where I think they prowl) , I would also incorporate my Denver boot which fits neatly, not lightly - in a black plastic tub / case in the trunk - or at the least - just yank a damned wheel off at night. Three pumps of the jack, 5 nuts - viola'
Aluminum jack, a decent extension 1/2" drive ratchet, and a single good jackstand all from Harbor Freight for under 100 bucks; which I carry anyway on long hauls.
During the day, you can stash the heavy hardware in the hotel room and bring it out for when the nightime predators are on the prowl.
Crazy maybe - but it adds one more layer and makes life just a little harder for the low lifes.

Attachments

• boot3.jpg
    boot3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 40
Two words come to mind - Evil & Bay.

And it's great to see such a tight knit group looking out for things like this.

What other car genre forum has the kind of comraderie this one does?

It is true......if the criminals want it......they will get it. We just need to keep making it harder for them and track their slimy asses down when they get it.

They want it to be easy.....that's why they are thieves......lazy, lazy, lazy. They don't want to work hard enough to be able to get it for themselves, so they let the rest of us honest hard-working folks do it for them.

Lazy, lazy and lazy.

I have always loved this group and that's why I will most likely always keep my GN and always look to this community for help, answers and entertainment. Thanks to all TURBOBUICK.COM'ers!!!!

AFTER SPEAKING TO HIM AT LENGTH .. I WOULD SAY HE'S PART OF IT . STEAL IT , REVIN IT , AUCTION IT , BUY IT BACK LEGAL . SCUM BAG'S .

I'm in complete agreement that this dirt bag is either complicit in receiving stolen property - which in his particluar case as an auto dealer makes him a fence - or is involved in the original theft.

What a f#$%n coincidence that he is only 2 hours from where the car was stolen.
But not so close as to catch much big city scrutiny.

But it's his full of shit ad that does it.
Read the words and the lines - he's really pumping this car up like he knows the history of it.
"Modern Day RestoMod"
'Has all the features of an 87 GN".
"Hard times"
Tough to store"

Now I know it is the used car business - but what a load of bull.

He is not some innocent dupe who happened to buy a stolen car.
Give me a f#$&*$n break.
And by the looks of things - I don't even think there is a James - just a Gary.
I'd love to know otherwise.
But these threads sometimes just die and I never hear the end of the story.
Someone here is guilty of theft by receiving; possession of stolen property - something!
I'm wagering it is Gary, who as a car dealer - knows these things. Or should have known.

Hey - This dood on the street just offered my an ipad for 20 bucks!
Honest officer - I had no idea it was stolen.
None

What I want to hear about is our wonderful criminal justice system and who is charged with what.
Not - "well they recovered the car".
Case closed.
Someone in this little American Pickers shop has dirty fingers - and it ain't from changing oil.

And I'll play along assume for one second it was bought at a police auction - whatever the hell they are.
I never see those in Georgia, other than on some cheesy late night infommercial.
Really?
With that VIN plate?
What police dept would that be? Mayberry RFD?
That will tell alot if this guy was also full of crap with his fish story about inheriting it, then buying it at a police auction.
If there was no police auction - where the hell did he buy it?
Dying to hear the sound of clanking jail cell doors.

But then again - as in alot of case - who is the victim?
The orignal owner who got paid for his loss?
The insurance company. - As if - they're usually the victimizers.

Wish someone in the know would provide some good update.
C'mon!