Any one lose a 86 TTop GN? This on Ebay

It IS possible the guy doesnt know it's not an 81, but not likely. Ad says he inherited it.

No one in ind can check the car? Checking the trunk tag would be easier then checking the block. If i'm not mistaken weren't the quarters different on an 81?

My question is why do all that to an 81? And not just fix up the 86? In the long run it would be worth more money.

It's possible the body the guy in Tallahassee got back was the original 81 body with the 86 vin tag. I'm sure all other pieces containing vin numbers were missing.

Please be careful asking questions, lets do our homework first. The listing person on ebay is not the seller of the car, they are listing it for a friend, so the story goes.

Got a responce from the guy when I asked him what VIN was on the block, trans, etc. Here is his responce:

I'll look for you in the places you mentioned this was bought at an auction and its titled 81 and we thought it was just changed to make a grand national. I will get to car in couple days and look. Thanks for interest and helping with info., its very interesting

Definitely a re-vin....and FYI: the touch climate was offered in late 85, and the t top assembly is the same from 78-87....

No one in ind can check the car? Checking the trunk tag would be easier then checking the block. If i'm not mistaken weren't the quarters different on an 81?

I thought the quarters were differant. but 81 to 87 were the same.

ok so we all know its not a 81 thats not even a debate, its just how shady the cars past is could have been sold 2-3 times and the guy know nothing , or he could no everything and just be trying to deflect questions in hopes it sells.

my speculation, stolen yrs ago, and moved far from home,(original owner insurance already paid off so even if its found to be stolen it will belong to insurance company) unless you go through a million hoops to repay the amount the settlement was for. repaired theft damage, driven for awhile sold off. Shame... would make a nice beather though.

Ask for a picture of the option tag on the trunk lid. One of the pictures showed it in it just couldn't read it. Should show the vin.

I seen this car on craigslist back in august. The things that come me were a stolen GN or a bank was gonna repo it so the owner switched vin plate with a base 1981 regal so he could keep it. who ever buys is gonna have a heap of trouble with either way.

I have delt with some stolen cars working at carmax.The vin tag is not the only vin on a gn. Right side frame rail about a foot from body bolt under passenger door on top of frame has vin stamped. The por15 about filled mine number in. I think engine and trans had numbers as well . I would love to see a pic of rpo tag. Guy would not send it to me. I see he stopped the auction.