Another rear sway bar thread

IrvJr

So I went thru the other thread and its more about the sway bar of Amazon that everyone has to trim the link down a few inches. Im curious about the Spohn one that looks nice, and the DSE one that looks good too. I like the link set up on the Spohn one a lot. Hotchkis also has similar setup.

Also its funny how they are all around $100 apart, starting around $200 and going up to the $500 for the HR. SO I want to see if anyone has any real world experience with the Spohn, Hotchkis or DSE? I know the HR has little to no complaints about performance, but its a lot and where I am not really frugal I do like to get the best bang for my buck and do think I can get what i need and save a couple hundred dollars. And as for the Hellwig I jus don't think I should have to modify anything to make it fit. So one of the middle three is where I am looking.

I went w dse front and rears. Great sway bars. Really tighted up the car. I have the frame braces also just not installed yet. I did mine without tail pipes on.and was fairly easy. Idk.how.it is w them on...

I had a old ATR worked really good now the car has a H&R parts sway bar no new 60fts

I have an H&R bar and even if everyone has nothing but good comments for it, I found that ever since I've had it, my car never left the line wheels up like before. I know that theorically it's supposed to make the car leave straighter more even but the "fun factor" isn't three anymore. No more fun wheels up, all crooked launches anymore (you know the kind of launches which have everyone talk about you and coming to see you in the pits after a run!...), well no more of that...:(
That's why I still have mixed feelings about it...but hey, everyone says it's one of the best units available...so I guess it's me who's wrong...:confused:

Claude.:)

id rather leave level than have cracks in my paint ... makes my car look slower also.
im toting a tire in my avitar

What are you looking to do with the car? Drag race , auto x , Alittle of both? How much power does or will the car make? This will help determine which bar will be right for you.
Personally I would absolutely go with a chassis mounted swaybar and not one that mounts to the lower control arms. But the size of the bar would be determined more on the use of the car and power. Joel

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I had an ATR and loved it but hated the creaking around corners. So it will be absolutely a chassis mounted one. Car makes around 500rwhp, or should. I will do a little of everything, but really just like driving the curves.

Thanks everyone.

Ok if you are going for more of a street strip car with handling in mind but also be able to perform at the strip I'd would go with a slightly smaller rear bar but something with an adjustable rate. The h&r bar probably isn't exactly what you are looking for. The key here is really to match the front and rear bars with the spring rates you are using also. What springs and what shocks are you using ?

Moog spring up front and KYB shocks. Not sure what springs are in the back

Check out UMI's touring bar i got one its very nice and priced in the middle with the rest. They have sales around holidays also to save some$$$$

I along with many of our customers have the DSE bar and no complaints what so ever! If you order through us there is Free Shipping!

I also have the dse front and rear bars in my car. My only complaint is that they mount to the rear crossmember in the rear with a single shear mount and the silly links that they use vs a double shear like the most other bars and a rod end link.the posi link things make it rather difficult to adjust the bar vs a rod end. The double shear mounts are stronger and will clamp and support the load across the crossmember more than the single shear. But I did come up with somewhat of a solution for that. The front bar mounts further forward than the stock bar which will interfere with any frame braces you may already have probably the reason they include them in the kit. Granted you could probably get away with shimming the braces away from the frame to make them work.
I bought the bigger rear bar from dse since my car will eventually have my stage motor in it with a decent amount of power so I wanted the stiffer rate bar. Once again having suspension that works together is key for optimal performance. It also comes down to how much you want to spend as you can def spend less and get a decent working suspension. Lots of options

I don't like the thought of a single bolt bracket.

But on another topic since the front was coming up, I have a 34mm bar and like it. Might need new bushings. But where can I get the longer upper and lower ball joints?

Yes speedway motors has a couple different brands. I believe qa1 afco procar and Howe have them. I have the Howe ones I bought with my spc control arms from sc&c.

I ordered the DSE bar. Liked the looks and priced good. Called up and talked and asked all the question I wanted answers for and liked what I heard. Very helpful.