Alky tuning help

TurboPete87

I just finished installing Julios kit in my 87 regal and need some help tuning. I installed a turbo tweak Alky chip, 60lb injectors, rjc boost controller, and new fuel pump with hot wire. The car has stock turbo and intercooler, solid maf with k&n, hooker downpipe, and atr pit bull mufflers. I'm running 20 psi with zero knock, the car definitely feels faster just not as fast as I was expecting, won't even break the cooper cobra tires loose when flooring it from a roll. The O2's were reading 820 at WOT at the default 128 setting on the chip. I figured that was too rich so I lowered it to 119 and am at 812 WOT. Should I keep lowering the fuel and could this be why the car doesn't feel fast?

Tune WOT in third gear not first or second and watch o2's dont tune based on the recall on the SM. So in 3rd at WOT look and if its for example...767 786 778 784 on the SM its good. If your seeing for example 820 831 819 826 then it needs some fuel pulled. Run the timing up a few degrees in first and second that will help it down low. Be careful tho as you will be hauling ass when testing

You should be able to get the turbo all in with boost in the low 20's. Some days it will make 26 and some days 23-24 through a stock intercooler. Chances are there's exhaust leaks and other issues that are hurting potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive checked for exhaust leaks before but didn't see any cracks on the headers but will double check everything

Ive checked for exhaust leaks before but didn't see any cracks on the headers but will double check everything
keep looking,ive seen 30 psi pump gas alky with the stock turbo and intercooler and good air.turn the boost up, 20 psi with the stock turbo isn't going to feel too great and is not using the fuel that's why the 02s are high.

keep looking,ive seen 30 psi pump gas alky with the stock turbo and intercooler and good air.turn the boost up, 20 psi with the stock turbo isn't going to feel too great and is not using the fuel that's why the 02s are high.
How much higher can I turn the boost up on the stock turbo? I thought I read that they don't make more power after 22-23 psi

How much higher can I turn the boost up on the stock turbo? I thought I read that they don't make more power after 22-23 psi
The better the air the further it will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I read that they don't make more power after 22-23 psi
don't believe everything you read;)on the stock stuff the heat builds fast but that's where the meth comes in.at the time we were using a single intank pump tt chip and a single m15,spoolup was instant and the car was a lot of fun on the street with drag radials.

don't believe everything you read;)on the stock stuff the heat builds fast but that's where the meth comes in.at the time we were using a single intank pump tt chip and a single m15,spoolup was instant and the car was a lot of fun on the street with drag radials.
That's part of my problem, the spool up is slow. There has to be an exhaust leak somewhere