Alky Thinking Outside The Box

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Here's is a thread to kick around alcohol injection ideas. I know the could be an attempt to reinvent the wheel.:eek: If it isn't broke....don't fix it????

This is not really a suggestion as much as me wanting some clarification. I know Razor said something about working on a 'direct port' injection system in another thread. I'd like to get some idea of the pros and cons of such a system and how easy would it be to install in comparison to what's already out there.

Syclone/Typhoon direct port injection.
directport.jpg

Might have to drill n tap the intake and use -4an nozzles

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Alcohol injection featured on the "Trucks" TV show this morning.:p Spraying Boost Juice!!

Syclone/Typhoon direct port injection.View attachment 207232
In order to do that. Wouldn't u have to convert thw syty to a front mount
?????
I've run it in my t type in the side of my dog house many years ago
(twin setup each side)
and was never able to make it perform correctly
Good luck. I hope u can figure it out
Its a great idea

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Syclone/Typhoon direct port injection.View attachment 207232

I cant see that working too well. Those nozzles expect way more flow than the jet sizing youd need to install to not flood the engine. I went through all this years ago when I came out with the first alcohol injection kit for the Buicks.

Since we are wishing......ALky boost controller so if the alky doesnt come on it drops the boost.

Probable. As soon as the snow melts here, I can get back into it.

Bob

Julio that an interesting link the intake temps really moved around at a 1000rwp.on a strong buick 109 the questions remains if direct port would be need.

I think there is no question from a simple g force of launch perspective the direct port would be better. There is no way of stopping the heavier laden alky users from the alky mix tending towards the rear of the intake on a hard launch. Many cars have made big power on the dyno with adding a alot of alky only to blow the front headgaskets at the track from the launch.

Since we are wishing......ALky boost controller so if the alky doesnt come on it drops the boost.
Easy. External gate with a 12 psi spring, AMS500, tie the pressure switch on pump to second stage on AMS. 2nd stage=high boost.

Stock gate with springs added for tension.. fugedaboutit.

I think there is no question from a simple g force of launch perspective the direct port would be better. There is no way of stopping the heavier laden alky users from the alky mix tending towards the rear of the intake on a hard launch. Many cars have made big power on the dyno with adding a alot of alky only to blow the front headgaskets at the track from the launch.
I dunno if G forces play a role with the air traveling under pressure within the pipe. On a NA setup yes I can see it.

Easy. External gate with a 12 psi spring, AMS500, tie the pressure switch on pump to second stage on AMS. 2nd stage=high boost.

Stock gate with springs added for tension.. fugedaboutit.

Hmmmm.... I have a tial v60 external gate and a ams500 in use... I think I'm going to have to try this.