Air filter upgrade!

I'm excited, I got my car running after the 87 ECM upgrade kept flooding with 2 different 84 ecms, anyways car runs real good with 87 ECM and maf upgrade but not full potential because exhaust leaks and bad cam sensor cap, under boost it black smoked and would break up, but I knew the air filter was a real restriction so I went to the autozone and bought a poor mans k and n air filter (spectre big cone filter) took stock air box off and installed filter and shortened the wastegate actuator rod and WOW!!! it gets into boost way faster and pulls like a beeotch!!! No breaking up and the sound of that turbo threw the cone filter haha man it is crazy!! I'm sure all of yall know the tricks of the trade but I'm workin on it!! So those of you that are new to this stuff like me go out and get you one there way worth the money!!

Click on "post reply" and wait until the page fully loads. Page down and you'll see "manage attachments". Click on that and you can load from your puter or a URL.

air filter and waist gate

I'm excited, I got my car running after the 87 ECM upgrade kept flooding with 2 different 84 ecms, anyways car runs real good with 87 ECM and maf upgrade but not full potential because exhaust leaks and bad cam sensor cap, under boost it black smoked and would break up, but I knew the air filter was a real restriction so I went to the autozone and bought a poor mans k and n air filter (spectre big cone filter) took stock air box off and installed filter and shortened the wastegate actuator rod and WOW!!! it gets into boost way faster and pulls like a beeotch!!! No breaking up and the sound of that turbo threw the cone filter haha man it is crazy!! I'm sure all of yall know the tricks of the trade but I'm workin on it!! So those of you that are new to this stuff like me go out and get you one there way worth the money!!

is that a T type or GN cause i dont see how you shorten the W/G i do have the filter though how did you mount yours.

mine is getto fabbed.