After Market Grill and Springs(Keep coming loose)

I'm not sure how you are having probs or what might remedy it. Might try swapping the springs end for end and attaching them that way(might be putting them on backward). or the bottom of the grille might be "sagging" or be cracked and sagging allowing the spring(s) to slip off.

How 'bout some pix of your assembly when you have it installed so we can see what you are working with.
Grill is not cracked, springs installed per instructions. These are third, included free I got from Kirban when he first started selling the aftermarket grill.
Unfortunately car is packed in for the winter and conditions aren't conducive to pull all that is packed in my garage to get underneath my car. As soon as they are, I will post some pics just in case I'm missing something simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how you are having probs or what might remedy it. Might try swapping the springs end for end and attaching them that way(might be putting them on backward). or the bottom of the grille might be "sagging" or be cracked and sagging allowing the spring(s) to slip off.

How 'bout some pix of your assembly when you have it installed so we can see what you are working with.
Grill is not cracked, springs installed per instructions. These are third, included free I got from Kirban when he first started selling the aftermarket grill.
Unfortunately car is packed in for the winter and conditions aren't conducive to pull all that is packed in my garage to get underneath my car. As soon as they are, I will post some pics just in case I'm missing something simple.

Grill is not cracked, springs installed per instructions. These are third set, included free ones I got from Kirban when he first started selling the aftermarket grill.
Unfortunately car is packed in for the winter and conditions aren't
conducive to pull all that is packed in my garage to get underneath my car. As soon as they are, I will post some pics just in case I'm missing something simple.

Last edited:
Why not use a tiewrap and secure the grill?

Why use a spring?
Why not use black bungee cords? Which is what I had on for a while. The springs should work, the stock springs and grill(86GM) were not an issue. It's when I went to an (87 aftermarket) grill that I started losing springs.