A thanks is due.

frdstang93

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Turbo Buick community as of November when I bought my GN. Shortly after purchasing the Buick I blew a head gasket and the learning process began. Through many questions I asked on this forum I interacted with many of you and gained a good bit of Buick knowledge. I ended up completely pulling the motor and doing a lot of cleaning and repair. All in all it came out pretty good. Thanks for all of your help, this is a good forum full of good people and I am glad to be a part of it. Here are some pictures of my car with Roc87's (Eric) car, a fellow TR owner I met on this forum. My car is the one on the left.

Thanks again,
Josh

Attachments

• DSCN0360.jpg
    DSCN0360.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN0361.jpg
    DSCN0361.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0363.jpg
    DSCN0363.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 250
Cool! There are some good guys here on the board. Just stay out of the political section unless you believe that dinosaurs evolved into chickens. The cars in the pics look great. Now just change your username....just kidding. Welcome to the boards. I use to have a 93 Cobra clone. Michael

Lol, I still have the 2 mustangs. If you look in the background on the last picture you can see my 07 GT with the Kenne Bell. I am a loyalist to only one GM product and you can guess what that is.;)

Its pretty much stock aside from some blue top injectors and a chip with no identification on it. The plan is to get all the little things that irritate me fixed and I'll most likely do a bigger turbo,DP,injectors and some alky. Aesthetically Ill probably change the wheels and thats about it.

Welcome. Glad you got to meet Eric. There are a few more Eric(k)'s around NM with the GN's. One of these days I can get back up to Albq and maybe we can all have a get-together again. Chuck? Linc? Anybody? ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Eric has been a great help and its nice to know people locally. I think it would be awesome to have some sort of get together.

So, how do you like the body roll? Come on, be honest. You've been looking up suspension components haven't you? Bigger brakes? Poly what?

It doesnt really bother me, I think thats part of the appeal with these cars for me. It makes me laugh sometimes all the body roll, but it will go straight in a hurry. At some point I may do a poly kit on it and some bilsteins but I just want it to go straight really fast.

Glad you like it and are fitting right in.................Great link (just one of many links) below for lots of info on these Beasts. That is unless you already have the link. :)

Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

Thanks for the link, got a few hours of reading there!

frdstang93, We've got to get you a fuel pump hot wire kit, a power plate, a known chip and a scanmaster before spring to get some base line runs in at the track:D

I think i got scared with my first turbo regal, it was a low 12 sec car and i hit the highway and it did the weeble wobble side to side because of the body bushings were missing from the factory.

Crawl under the car, buy the kit, remove the BUMPERS:eek: AND JACK THE CAR UP off the frame.

Do the bushing and it makes a huge difference, that and the hr rear bar. now your ready to hit the slopes :)

BW

Thanks for the link, got a few hours of reading there!

frdstang93, We've got to get you a fuel pump hot wire kit, a power plate, a known chip and a scanmaster before spring to get some base line runs in at the track:D

Sounds like a good plan, I am ready for the track to open. She needs some good rubber under her too. Gotta get that pinion seal fixed on yours too.

Sounds like a good plan, I am ready for the track to open. She needs some good rubber under her too. Gotta get that pinion seal fixed on yours too.

Once I get "booted" at the track, which WILL happen this year, you're more then welcome to use the DRs:D

Once I get "booted" at the track, which WILL happen this year, you're more then welcome to use the DRs:D

Lol, that will work. You think they'll get you on the first pass? At the end of the day we can see if we can get away with putting my number on your car to get you another pass.:cool:

You think they'll get you on the first pass?

Nah, I'm going to sandbag it for a couple of runs to work on the 60 foots, see if the drag shocks made any difference, once I'm satisfied with that, then its the boot;)