A/C Repair

1kwick6

I know its the wrong time of year to talk about this but i finally got a bonus at work and we have wanted to fix the a/c and this is the year.Is there any companys out there that offer "complete" packages to replace r12 to 134a i cant find nothing.years past have found compressor,acumulators,oil,ect in a package maybe wrong time of year but sooner the better before i spend the money.:cool:

I know its the wrong time of year to talk about this but i finally got a bonus at work and we have wanted to fix the a/c and this is the year.Is there any companys out there that offer "complete" packages to replace r12 to 134a i cant find nothing.years past have found compressor,acumulators,oil,ect in a package maybe wrong time of year but sooner the better before i spend the money.:cool:

i see you live in NC-----visit my shop (burlington) and i will help you do it yourself------ when you get done you will understand how its done-------i have everything needed to do a first class job-------i spent about 25 grand on some of the best eqpt. money can buy so i could do it right-------odds are it can be done for little more than the cost of seals and refrigerant-------we cab restore it to R-12 or 134-A------i've done lots of them for folks on the board--------even if you need a comp. they don't cost very much if you buy it right-------want to talk to someone that has "done it" i'll give you their name...........RC

thanks rc i will get my money the end of feb. after that i might just take you up on your offer and come see you.never drove my car that far but maybe it will be fun and i can ride back in a/c.

I just went thru my A/C system over at R-Clark's back in the summer and he knows the a/c system very well.

My A/C compressor was shot due to having a bad clutch bearing and seals so i was able to get a new compressor from Lake Shore radiator and they also had the A/C lines too. I flushed the system using Richard's place and installed R134a and used a red ford orafice tube and my A/C blows colder than ever before.

But i have got to ask what makes you think your system is in need of a total overhaul? I have seen very few compressor's go bad on these cars most are just in need of a flushing and a new orafice tube and o-rings and the system is ok. I would have the system pressure tested for leaks and then look for a problem that keeping the system from operating correctly.

if ya have any questions call me i'll be glad to help

pmed my # to ya

a/c worked about 5 years ago you could charge it and see the gas coming out between the copressor clutch and compressor,maybe a seal. far as replacement of parts just fiqure a new compressor cause it was so old and most compressors ive bought in the past wont warrenty without a accumlater/dryer and orfice tube change.sounds like ya'll know more than me i really appreciate all the help.

Kewl

Let me know when you guys plan on coming up as maybe we could meet-up at richards. would be nice to meet some other buick peeps from nc

SLO GN or Richard,
Tell me more about this Red Ford orifice tube.. Does it work better with the 134A ?

SLO GN or Richard,
Tell me more about this Red Ford orifice tube.. Does it work better with the 134A ?

The red ford orafice tube has a slightly bigger opening in it to allow more gas to pass thru it so there is a bigger temp drop over using the stock r-12 tube.