A/C, Heater Controls?

peteraq1

I just recently got my A/C system swapped to R134. The dash vents do not blow out any air at all. It only comes from the Defrost vents and under the dash from the bi-level vents. Anybody having the same problem? :mad:

Mine used to blow only out of the defroster vents, I had to purchase "used" a/c controls off ebay and now they function almost fine. There is a small rubber gasket that dries up and doesn't divert the vacuum correctly. Now mine just blows out the defroster vents until the flap lets loose (Sounds like a hammer behind the dash :eek: ) You might be able to purchase that rubber gasket by itself?

Correct about the vac switch. It is about $17 at any GM dealer.

First check to see that no vac lines are loose or broken. When mine did that, I found that the vac line had come loose from the heater control valve. A "worked yesterday-but not today" is more likely a vac line knocked loose.

Make sure the vacuum line in the engine compartment is connected (I think the plastic line is pink or purple). This plastic line supplies vacuum to your a/c and heater controls in the dash. You should get 18-20 inches of vacuum at the a/c and heater controls through this line. The a/c and heater controls then operate the servo's. There are 3 servo's up behind the dash that actuate the opening and closing of valves (flaps). The valves devert the air to the correct position of where air should be flowing - defrost, heat out the floor vents, air at your face or a combination of. Make sure the vacuum lines going to the servo's are connected and not cracked. Inaddition to the info already provided.

Craig