A/C compressor needs to be replaced, anyone have suggestions?

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
I need a new AC compressor as mine is leaking, and an accumulator, and o-ring. Anyone know a good place to get these parts that won't bend you over backwards for the cost?

Thanks.

Got mine from Advance Auto Parts.

Check with G-Body Parts, I needed more than just the compressor & believe I would have done better with G-Body Parts. G-Body Parts is a supporting vendor on this board.
:cool:

Got my new compressor, accumulator, oriffice tube and condensor from Advance. I believe GBody has the compressor replacement kit for the same price? Walmart has the R134for $9.99 per can. Seems to be $14.99 at most places.

I've got a spare since the R4 won't fit my Riviera's frame. I bought off of a guy who was financing a stage block by selling off his parts. Supposed to be never run as a compressor, both he and I used it in the accessory drive breifly to keep the belts going but never ran any refigerant through it. Still oiled up and in good shape. It's just taking up space so I'd let it go for $125 plus shipping.

For a more general standpoint, its hard to beat Rockauto for parts you can afford to wait a few days for.

I've got a spare since the R4 won't fit my Riviera's frame. I bought off of a guy who was financing a stage block by selling off his parts. Supposed to be never run as a compressor, both he and I used it in the accessory drive breifly to keep the belts going but never ran any refigerant through it. Still oiled up and in good shape. It's just taking up space so I'd let it go for $125 plus shipping.

For a more general standpoint, its hard to beat Rockauto for parts you can afford to wait a few days for.

do you have the accumulator and o-ring as well?

I appreciate the offer,

Don't forget the orifice tube!! It will be filled with most of the metal from your compressor.

Yeah that's all they come with, but the one I posted the link to is a brand new unit, not a reman.

3 month warranty?

AZ offers a 2 year warrenty if all parts are new (if bought together) and 1 year warrenty if parts are remaned (if bought together). The 3 month is if you don't want to replace all the parts and "just get it going".

Thank you for the help.

I was told I need an "o-ring" but I am not sure what o-ring they mean. Is there an o-ring on the back of the compressor?

Thank you for the help.

I was told I need an "o-ring" but I am not sure what o-ring they mean. Is there an o-ring on the back of the compressor?

Not sure either....when I replaced my compressor, I replaced the orfice tube...there's an o ring in there I replaced....then I replaced the accumulator...there's 2 o rings (one per line) I replaced....the compressor should come with 2 new crush washers with rubber in them, replace those too.

Thank you for the help.

There are o-rings that are used to seal the line block to the back of the compressor and they need to be new every time you mess with them. Pull the old ones off and take them to a parts store and they should have an assortment pack with them in there or if you do get a new compressor, they often times come with the o-rings.

selling the compressor with the lines?

Bob
Sure, they are alittle beatup and bent (not kinked, just not perfectly straight anymore) from me trying to get them to work on my Riviera. Daily Driver type appearance but no problems. I'd let them go for another $50 but the shipping's going to go up considerably since they are much larger.

Can someone give me info.I have replaced compressor (put a blue high pressure switch back in couldn' t get the old one out), orifice tube, dryer, had it flushed pulled a vacuum over night and vacuum held the next day,added oil to compressor and dryer before putting back , added about 44 oz. freon , but the compressor runs all the time and doesnt cycle?Not as cool as it should be(50's) .Gauge reads 40 to 45 low and 250 to 275 high.Didnt run it very long worried it might ruin the compressor since it wasn't cycling.

Compressor is supposed to run all the time unless the temp is low enough to cycle or the system is low on refridgerant. Pressures are a little high so you may have over charged it slightly. R-134?

Yes R-134 charlief1.Thanks for replying so quick.I tried to pm you because of your knowledge on here.So I should (recover) some freon and see what I get from there?