9mm handgun???

I will not argue with the facts of the proven 45, a great round for self defense. The biggest downside I see is the effect of recoil and time to get back on target, In many target speed shooting I have been involved in, the 45 will be slower to regain your target, even the 40 is a little slower due to a slight recoil comparing to a 9. I have seen and shot all three, and my times are slower with bigger calibers.

So I choose a 9 for concealed carry because of the smaller package and quicker to regain accuracy in shooting my target. Now a 9 with 3 shots placed where I want them or a 45 with 2 shots may be equeal give or take, but change the target scenario to multiple targets entering your home I will definatly go for a 9 that I can get more accurate shots down range in a given time.

I have a 40, two 9s and a 38 and feel safe with any of them as carry weapons, they will all do the job when needed. I have owned and shot 45s in the past and will eventually get another but I do not see it as a must have weapon at this time. I have the Wather pps 40, pps 9, glock 19 and Taurus 85 revolver ( my easiest to conceal even in the summer months).

I said it many times, it is more important that the weapon fits your hand properly so to have a natural point of aim in a self defense weapon than caliber size in most situations ( not all). Can anyone argue the placement of one shot, of any caliber that cannot bring a target down. I say shoot what you are comfortable and accurate with and you will get the job done. Biggest thing about natural point of aim, if you took the sights off the gun can you still point it as good as your finger points, if not then its time for a new carry weapon!!!! Target weapons a whole different story, sights are everything. Happy shooting and good luck.

Thanks
Bill

I agree. Faster follow up shots with a 9. Have a PPS 9mm on my hip as I type this :) Great guns eh? Still competing with my G26. In the winter months, nothing can compete with the 26 in my expert opinion. It's light, you can throw it down two flights of stairs and be ok, points great, great trigger, doesn't kick whatsoever, very accurate, and can use G19 mags with a grip sleeve if necessary. Can't think of a better combination.

I have a sig p229 elite. I love it, and it feels like an extension of my hand. It fits perfectly in my hand and it shoots very nice. It's also extremely well built and easy to take down for cleaning. You can also buy a .357 and .40 barrels if you want to shoot another ammo. You just need a different clip that holds both the .40 and .357 sig. Then there's the .22 exchange kit which comes with the slide, barrel, and clip. So with one gun you have 4 options. The .22 kit is about $300. It's nice being able to use your same gun for practice and saving a ton on the .22 ammo. Why practice with a different gun to save on ammo, when you can just swap the slide and barrel!