9mm handgun???

Dreamn4GN

Looking to pick up a 9mm. I have a Glock23 and M&P 40. I was going to get conversion barrels for one of the guns and buy new mags. But I think I might just buy a dedicated 9mm. I know the usual suspects. But
I want personal opinions and reviews. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Gun will be used for target, home defense and maybe competition one day.

Check out cz
They make some pretty nice pistols.
Probably going to be might next 9mm purchase

I do not own one but I hear a lot about Sig being the 9 to have

Bryan

I prefer the 38 or 357 ... I tote a 38 everywhere I go .... 9 mm is just a small bullet imo .... u can get a compact 45 now that is badass

I had a glock anyone looked at how many have blown up in peoples hands ?

I've carried 9mm Glocks on & off-duty since the came out (20+ yrs!?!:confused: Damn, I'm gettin' old!)
& recommend 'em to my CHL students as well.

Do_O

:rolleyes:
I guess anything is possible...
I have never seen or heard of ANY "exploding Glocks" & have relied on them for over two decades,
& quite frankly it sounds exaggerated
(I went online & read some of the stories)
I would attribute most to poor maintenance, too hot reloads & other factors (& urban legends)
There had never, to my knowledge, been a recall or defective product lawsuit of Glock firearms
& oh, boy. would the anti-Constitutionalists make hay if there were!

Way back when in the academy my P.D. issued Sig 226s had 3 of 3 firing pins break, out-of-the-box, after 15 rds
& that makes me wary of Sigs , still... (even though I know its irrational)
I've even had a revolver jam on me & EVERYONE sez that's impossible! (it was a high primer on the ammo!?!)
But, to each his own. You have to be comfortable with any device you depend upon to protect your life.

Do_O

The catch with a 9mm for carry use is that you need a light bullet at P++ with a hollow point to be the most effective. The heavier bullets won't expand properly and a round nose will just blow through the target. The barretta is reliable but the uppers have a habit of cracking under long term use so I'd stay away from them. What exactly are you planning on using it for is the biggest thing. Do you want compact or full size. SA or DA/SA or DA only? Single stack or double stack? You can also get a reduced capacity double stacked and get a high cap mag once you get out of that toilet of a state.;)

As others have said, Glock 19. Put many bullets down range and has yet to blow up.

The catch with a 9mm for carry use is that you need a light bullet at P++ with a hollow point to be the most effective. The heavier bullets won't expand properly and a round nose will just blow through the target. The barretta is reliable but the uppers have a habit of cracking under long term use so I'd stay away from them. What exactly are you planning on using it for is the biggest thing. Do you want compact or full size. SA or DA/SA or DA only? Single stack or double stack? You can also get a reduced capacity double stacked and get a high cap mag once you get out of that toilet of a state.;)
Mostly just shooting targets. Like I said I have two .40's and they are my home protection guns along with a few 12 gauges. and I'm not sure if I should go with the conversion route or just buy a designated 9mm. I live in a state that will never allow CCW. So I feel having another compact like my g23 is pointless. I do like the XD's. never shot one tho. I'm not sure What to get honestly. I would like to get as much fire power as I can so double stack for sure.

You will never go wrong with a sig ...I love mine but I have a .45

I'm honestly not a fan of Sig handguns except for there 1911's.