9.75@138 with stock ecm/maf

Limited87

I rented the local track last tues and had several local Buick friends and board members out and lets just say the weather and track were about as good as you could ask for.:cool: I got 1 pass in and had a minor hiccup which caused me to not be able to run the rest of the day but the 1 pass was worth the rental!:biggrin:

Car ripped off a 9.75@138.89
1.49 60ft off the foot brake
112 mph in the 1/8th

All this done with the stock ecm with Reds chip, stock GM MAF sensor, ported stock throttle body and dog house and tuned my me. Full weight 3600#s, cold R12 a/c, exc.

DLS 249 ci stroker
DLS/Champion GN1 ported heads
DLS ported stock intake
212/212 hyd roller
Precision Billet 71HPQ
#95 injectors/Reds double pumps
Cottons front mount
TA Stainless Headers
TA 3.5 dp with Tial gate
3.5 stainless exhaust
Vince Janis built 2004r trans and AC converter
Full HR Parts suspension package
10 bolt rear with all the good parts
29x10 Hoosiers

Thanks to all you guys for coming out! I will def do this again next year in the spring and fall just like this year while the air is good. I might try to put together a small "event" type deal next year on a saturday if I can get enough people to commit to coming up to NE Ohio. The track owners love the Buicks and have no problem letting us have all the controls for the day.

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,838
I rented the local track last tues and had several local Buick friends and board members out and lets just say the weather and track were about as good as you could ask for.:cool: I got 1 pass in and had a minor hiccup which caused me to not be able to run the rest of the day but the 1 pass was worth the rental!:biggrin:

Car ripped off a 9.75@138.89
1.49 60ft off the foot brake
112 mph in the 1/8th

All this done with the stock ecm with Reds chip, stock GM MAF sensor, ported stock throttle body and dog house and tuned my me. Full weight 3600#s, cold R12 a/c, exc.

DLS 249 ci stroker
DLS/Champion GN1 ported heads
DLS ported stock intake
212/212 hyd roller
Precision Billet 71HPQ
#95 injectors/Reds double pumps
Cottons front mount
TA Stainless Headers
TA 3.5 dp with Tial gate
3.5 stainless exhaust
Vince Janis built 2004r trans and AC converter
Full HR Parts suspension package
10 bolt rear with all the good parts
29x10 Hoosiers

Thanks to all you guys for coming out! I will def do this again next year in the spring and fall just like this year while the air is good. I might try to put together a small "event" type deal next year on a saturday if I can get enough people to commit to coming up to NE Ohio. The track owners love the Buicks and have no problem letting us have all the controls for the day.

"Yes", lets see how many fast a-- Buicks we can put together next year. Their are a lot of them in this area. Maybe we could get a few of those who have been hiding them in their garages. You all know who you are. Get off the wallet. Brian your car exceeds the standard of, "Going Fast With Class", great job.

Don't you guy's know you can't go that fast with a chip....:biggrin:

That is awsome.....

Good Job!I did get to see this pass,it was awesome.Another Buick event would be great especially if it was in the fall.

Congratulations on that great pass! :biggrin:

Count me in for next year- I'll be breaking in my new motor! ;)

Joe :cool:

Holy Moly, that's flying. No cage either?:eek:

"Yes", lets see how many fast a-- Buicks we can put together next year. Their are a lot of them in this area. Maybe we could get a few of those who have been hiding them in their garages. You all know who you are. Get off the wallet. Brian your car exceeds the standard of, "Going Fast With Class", great job.

I would love to get all the Cincy area guys to come up. Also all the closer surrounding state guys. We did have BoostJunkie(Shawn) come out from PA with some friends which was great. Also like to get some buds out there whose cars havent seen the light of day in awhile;) Thanks Mike, you of all guys knows what it takes to run these numbers.

Don't you guy's know you can't go that fast with a chip....:biggrin:

That is awsome.....

Thanks alot! I just wanted guys to know these numbers can still be attained with the "old stock stuff"..lol I know the FAST is the MUCH better/safer/easier way to go. I will prob go that route for next year since I acheved my goal of a solid 9 car with the stock stuff.

QUOTE=turbo6mike;2326546]Good Job!I did get to see this pass,it was awesome.Another Buick event would be great especially if it was in the fall.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mike! Next year is your turn to run well!;)

Congratulations on that great pass! :biggrin:

Count me in for next year- I'll be breaking in my new motor! ;)

Joe :cool:

Will do. Im going to make a post for the next one a month or so in advance to try to get alot of us members together for a great day of racing.

congrats. what was your minor hiccup

Timing/cam sensor issue that turned out to be minor.

Bad A$$... Good job Brian!!K.

Thanks alot Keith! Still prob gonna bite the bullet and try that PTC!:biggrin:

Excellent job Brian, congrats.

Thanks bud! It would be great to get alot of us 9 sec stock block guys together in good weather on a hookin track! Com on out! Id like to meet you in person.

Holy Moly, that's flying. No cage either?:eek:

Indeed..no cage.:eek: Cant bring myself to cut on a 17k org mile car.

Makes me laugh when I hear that Red is too old to make Chip...:confused:
Way to go man..Stock ECM and MAF..:eek:
A proven package that works.