8th Annual Michigan GM Event - M8

JasonD

Okay, just a quick note to let everyone know that due to popular demand...

M8, the 8th Annual Michigan GM Event is definitely going to happen!

If you haven't heard of the M events, they are a killer one-day racing event for all GM cars. Many consider it a "last blast" of the year before the cars go away for winter storage.

It is going to be a slightly cut and dried version of the previous events:

Party at the hotel
Show up at track
Race/Have a good time
Collect your trophy and prize money (if applicable)
Wait for a few minutes for raffle
Head to park for after event picnic
Head home to warm up

Nice and simple...Good times, good friends, good racing (with CASH payouts). That's what the M event is all about.

Pre-register now to save a few bucks. Event information can be found at:

http://www.migmevent.com
(Hotel information is coming soon!)

Last year we didn't have many Turbo Buicks there, and I was a little bit bummed about that. I'd like to see 20-30+ Turbo Buicks like we had at some of the previous year's events. Someone has to put those pesky f-bodies in their place! ;);)

Questions? Post here or just e-mail me. Above all, don't miss out on this good time.

This has already been posted, under m-8 event. LOL And if God willing we might have two of these turbo cars there to show them silly little camaros how it's done. Or at least give them a run for their money. I know I have had fun at the past four events and look forward to this years. This year will be with the hot air again, but she's running pretty good with no intercooler.... :cool:

Originally posted by turbo6x2
This has already been posted, under m-8 event.

Whoops! How did I ever miss that? :):)

LOL And if God willing we might have two of these turbo cars there to show them silly little camaros how it's done. Or at least give them a run for their money.

That's what I just cimply do not understand. We uesed to get a BUNCH of GNs there. The past couple of years we only got a handful. :(

You guys really gotta spread the word and get some Turbo Buicks there again! Cold air, fast times, good times and CASH prizes. Can't be beat!

I know I have had fun at the past four events and look forward to this years. This year will be with the hot air again, but she's running pretty good with no intercooler.... :cool:

Cool, can't wait to see you there! It is gonna be a BLAST! Thanks!

is there gonna be a test and tune? also, do you register only if you race? I would like to race my 87 t-type, but I'm not sure, what's involved, I've only been to the drag strip to test and tune,
but never competed. I don't know how the rules work, I guess is what I'm trying to say!:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by terbo
is there gonna be a test and tune?

Yes.

also, do you register only if you race?

Correct. You don't HAVE to pre-register, it is optional. You can also just show up at the gate the day of the event.

I would like to race my 87 t-type, but I'm not sure, what's involved, I've only been to the drag strip to test and tune, but never competed. I don't know how the rules work, I guess is what I'm trying to say!:confused: :confused:

Don't worry about it. The M events are the PERFECT place to learn to race your car. Everyone there is helpful and will be glad to pass on any advice and information. Trust me, you will do fine.