87 t-top shell

jomart95

Hello everyone....

I've got an 87 t-top t-package regal that I'm considering selling the body and interior of. Would there be any interest?

Overall the body is in good shape...needs some additional love and paint. The ttop area is not bad, but could use a little work. I have the original glass and bags for the tops. I have a 3" bolt on cowl hood also. The floors have been fixed and coated.

I have GN bumpers for the car...however the rear bumper is in the middle of being smoothed out...holes welded and no bumper guards. The front bumper is unmolested. I've also installed a GN header panel. The bumper fillers are new...the rear is a one piece from spoolfool and the fronts are shitty repos.

The interior is in great shape considering the age. There is new black carpet installed as well. If you look at my profile picture, you'll see that the dash has all autometer gauges....not sure if I'll be selling those. However, anything is possible.

I'm simply putting a feeler out there....any interest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Louisville, ky

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387671344.291294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387671344.291294.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 147
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387671353.237962.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387671353.237962.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 140
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387671363.000497.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387671363.000497.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 136
I don't plan on selling the dash cluster alone....sorry.

Wow!! I though that the car had the stock cluster....but that cluster looks nice!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Yea man! Thanks! I had a fab shop Laser cut the aluminum and as an afterthought I installed push button lighting, fuel pump, ignition, start, and line lock controls. It's nice!

However, if you're looking for a stock speedo cluster....I have one 85mph version.

Body & interior - so I'll assume that means the body including the interior.
Let's start here - you say it is a T-top Package Regal
Is this a VIN 7 car or a NA?

If VIN 7 -
Which still leaves several questions -
A/C box w/ heater core?
Inner wheel wells?
Brake booster? Type?
Are you planning on leaving including the engine bay wiring harness? w/ ESS / MAP / relays etc?
Fuel tank?
Better pics of the interior.

No rolling chassis.
No drivetrain

I suppose the $64,000 question is - how much are you looking to get for a body?

It's a NA car...

The original wiring is gone...inner wells are gone, had to make room for a 496. Seats are good, carpet (black) is new, dash pad is good, console is good, 99% of the rust is cut and replaced. All the glass is good.

I haven't decided on a price....this was the car I drove to school when it was bone stock. So I guess there is some sentimental value??? Which I know is priceless.

I'm gauging interest at this point. If your interested in what was a NA car...shoot me a pm with a starting bid.

If you google 87 regal t package...you should find some examples of what the car was....basically, it had everything the turbo cars had minus the turbo 6.

The way the car was going...the body would be a great start for someone looking to go to the track...some of the luxury items like heat and wipers are gone, or you could do what I do, and simply drive it on nice sunny days. AC is achieved with the tops out and windows down.

Here is a pic under the hood....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387681007.393306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387681007.393306.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 80
I'd have to see the interior.
What color?

Not to be a menace, but this really isn't ebay - where we bid.
I don't bid anyway.
I always thought that to be a little backwards - bidding the price - up? :confused:

Generally speaking, Charlie will get on you for not posting a price if this turns into a "For Sale" thread.
Again, not trying to be a butthole - jus sayin'

Since you original post was one of curiosity - I say that I pay about $1000 or so - for bodies with interiors. Depending - maybe a little more - maybe a little less.
I know, I know.
Parts alone are worth ...xxxx
;)
And that "sentimental valve" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So I see the interior is your basic Med Drk Grey, T type style.
If the back seats and sail panels are decent
Looking at the T-channels - Headliner I'm assumnig is - nada?
If doors are ok...

I still say about a grand - give or take.

The way the car was going...the body would be a great start for someone looking to go to the track...some of the luxury items like heat and wipers are gone, or you could do what I do, and simply drive it on nice sunny days. AC is achieved with the tops out and windows down.

Not sure about building a track car from a CC1 body though.
Those are for cruising and looking cool - not doing wheelies.

What size wheels and tires? Are they for sale? Like the car, do you have better pictures of car? Did you do the work on car? Curious to know how you got that stance: springs, spindles or bagged? That dash is killer! I can ASSume you are putting the motor in another vehicle... so are you selling as a roller or parting the car? What is the price as a roller or parts prices?

Yea I know....sorry Charlie. Stupid money is 4000$. :) In all actuality, I'd take 2500. I know this isn't ebay....but it's a great place with a ton of knowledgable Buick fans and honestly the only people I would feel comfortable with having this conversation.

The wasn't built for the track...but it has that feel. The 496 is pretty radical. Being a t-top car...if the tires ever hooked, the car would twist and blow apart.

What size wheels and tires? Are they for sale? Like the car, do you have better pictures of car? Did you do the work on car? Curious to know how you got that stance: springs, spindles or bagged? That dash is killer! I can ASSume you are putting the motor in another vehicle... so are you selling as a roller or parting the car? What is the price as a roller or parts prices?

Hey man! Thank you for the interest in my Buick!

Yes, I did all the work. The front suspension has tubular control arms up and down. 2" drop spindles, and adjustable coilovers with qa1 springs. I also have a bump steer kit installed and wilwood disc brake kit. The rear suspension consists of BMR controll arms up and down...double adjustable up top. The springs in the rear are the weakest link of the look....they are cut. :( I need about 700 to put the adjustable coilovers on. The rear end is out of an 87gn...I've installed a TA girdle and yes, wilwood disc brakes as well.

The wheels and tires are from Intro Billet. They are quite nice! Fronts are 19s and 20s out back.

I honestly haven't thought about selling the car as a whole. There is a ton of money in this thing....the dash plus all the gauges with the push buttons has 1k poured into it. And I can't even begin to think about the money in the brakes, wheels, suspension....let alone the motor and trans.

The motor is a stroked and punched 454 making 496 CID. Dome pistons, world products Merlin cast iron heads, comp cam (not a thumper but don't plan on having vacuum :) ) full roller valve train. Full MSD electronic ignition and a Holley 1000cfm carb. Eagle crank and h beam rods. It's not sprayed but could easily handle it. I had the transmission built to the car....if anyone is familiar with Bradco Converters...he's the one that built the trans and converter. It's a th400 with reverse manual valve body, hardened input, output, and intermediary shafts....BIG sprag....all the goodies! Should be bullet proof. The converter was also custom made for the application with the intent on eventually spraying it. :) and to keep everything straight, the car also has a Gforce crossmember.

As you can tell by the earlier pic...the doghouse area is free from all the heavy junk and the firewall has been smoothed. Again, not heater box, no AC, no wipers. Sunny days only!

Again, I haven't thought about selling the car as a whole...but I guess anything is for sale or trade. All in all....I bet I have 15k + invested....I quit keeping receipts. I was starting to get nervous that the wife would start adding things up.

My intent with selling the body was to buy this sweet little 59 chevy apache and roll the gbody frame and running gear underneath it. I'm interested in turbo cars, 67 novas, and old school chevy trucks....58 or younger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, to be honest, you have built my dream car... minus flat black paint, AC (I am in Alabama, go to have it), 4l80e and a F1/ F2 Procharger. If you have more pictture, please post.. DAMN Nice build...
Good luck with Sale...

Dude, to be honest, you have built my dream car... minus flat black paint, AC (I am in Alabama, go to have it), 4l80e and a F1/ F2 Procharger. If you have more pictture, please post.. DAMN Nice build...
Good luck with Sale...

Because you asked....

Also sent you a pm....

Thanks for the kind remarks! The car is awesome, I love how it has turned out so far...but there is more to be done!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711477.809713.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711477.809713.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 54
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711487.424106.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711487.424106.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 51
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711497.253322.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711497.253322.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 51
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387711506.732081.jpg