87 GN quarter window help...

GNvsTA

I am starting slowly to get parts together for the time when I do paint and body on my 87 GN. Right now I am looking for the quarter window seals. Now I am not sure how they disassemble, so I don't know what all I would need without taking them out. Does the assembly consist of the seal and a window? Is there more? The reason for wanting to replace these seals is that the prior owner had that car painted and the painter just masked the glass, painting the seals gloss black too. I believe they are suppose to be satin black. Anyone reproduce these seals? Thanks for any advice.

The rubber cannot be replaced, it is encapsulated to the window. You can either get the paint off or buy another pair of windows. New ones are no longer made by the way so look for nice used ones.

I'm looking for some myself too, but if you like to there's some on ebay going for about $75 for both

I think I saw those EBay items. If I am thinking of the same ones, they look to have chrome on them. I stopped to talk to a friend at a GM dealership about them today. I think its just sad how many items GM does not make for this car anymore.

There is a set in the Parts for sale section. "Parting out a WE-4. $80-$100 for a good set is normal. There are 4 nuts that you must remove from the inside, then they push out. A black metal frame is what holds the indows in. There will be some nasty black goo that you will have clean off and replace. You can get it at any windshield replacement center.