87 gn miss at idle

You can wait on the valve springs. Everything else sounds good.
I hope so there a pain to change on a work table let alone on the car.I see a never ending process if i remove the heads,porting/polishing of them and intake.Just wanting a quick grocery getting

How many miles are on your car? At some point you will want to change the timing gears and chain unless it has been done.

Valve springs are not bad with the tool some of the vendors have. You have to pack rags around them though to avoid the keepers falling into the engine. Back by the air conditioning box is the tough spot. Feed a long nylon rope in the spark plug hole and bring that piston to the top and it will hold them up no problem. You can rotate the engine with the nut on the alternator when all the spark plugs are removed.

Valve springs are not bad with the tool some of the vendors have. You have to pack rags around them though to avoid the keepers falling into the engine. Back by the air conditioning box is the tough spot. Feed a long nylon rope in the spark plug hole and bring that piston to the top and it will hold them up no problem. You can rotate the engine with the nut on the alternator when all the spark plugs are removed.
I was gonna use air if i went though with it.Car has 80000 but was gone over 5yrs ago.Had 1000 miles since then and 170last 3yrs

Yes i know the procedure,battery doesnt hold the volts so i have to use charger
A shitty battery in combination with a shitty charging system could cause problems like that. My 87 ran like crap until I finally put a good battery in and stopped jumping it every time I wanted to drive it.

Also, a high idle for a few seconds on cold start is normal for these cars. It's only odd if it stays high for a while.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk