'87 GN for Sale - Somerset County New Jersey

PIreland

After considerable thought, I've decided to sell my GN. It has 103,000 miles on it with many upgrades. The major elements are original engine but I've replace the stock springs, timing chain, sprockets, front and rear seal and oil pan gasket. Rear end was an open rear from the factory but I've installed a posi. Tranny is not original and was rebuilt by Ron's Custom Auto when they were in Kenilworth (Ron still had his hand in the business at that time).
Turbo is stock but is new (replaced by Ron's Custom Auto as well), 38 Lb injectors and Razor Alchy system.
Body is in very good shape. It was stripped and repanted in 2005. Car is kept in a garage under a cover.
Wheels have been "rebuilts", fronts are stock, rears are widened.
For insurance, car was appraised at a little more than $16,000. Though I don't expect to get that much for the car, I do want to get fair market value for it which, pretty much, is governed by who makes me the best offer.
DSC_0004.JPG

The picture is me in 2005 right after the car go painted.

Patrick Ireland
118 Sycamore Ave
Bridgewater, NJ 08807

423-200-6061

Very nice GN Pat. Could you e mail some more pics, interior, engine, chassis to Hyboost62@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Oh, and you must list the asking price, or else the moderators will pull the post. "Da rules r da rules"

Interested, can you post recent pics and asking price, I am in NJ want to come see the car

Hello,

I see some have asked what my asking price is. While I've had a few discussions with a few people, none have made an offer yet. So, if it helps, I think that $12,000 is a good price for this car. Except for the mileage, it is in very good condition. Some have asked for more recent pics of the car, I guarantee that the car looks the same now as it did in 2005 when my original picure was posted.
General Info:
103,500 miles
Hardtop
Stripped and repainted in 2005
Interior mostly original with new headliner, dash cover (where defroster is)
Steadfast ignition protection
Power Logger Scan board installed.

Engine:
Original engine
Rear and Front seal replaced
Timing chain and sprockets replaced with original equipment
Replace valve springs with calcomp springs
JC Throttle Plate
TH Downpipe
Razor Alchy
ATR Cat Back with Pit Bull mufflers
Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter
Radiator replaced with three row aftermarket unit

Chassis
All body bushings replaced and #5 installed
Front frame braces
Rear seat braces
Kirban trunk kit (not installed)
All door seals and trunk seal replaced
Hood shocks are new.
All bushings, tie rods, ball joints are new
Rear lower control arms are boxed with polyurethane bushings
Bilstein Shocks

Brakes and Wheels:
Mostly stock with S-10 wheel cylinders
Rear drums are aluminum.
Brake lines replaced with stainless steel except for the one that runs front to back
Brakes hoses replaced with braided stainless steel hoses.
Wheels rebuilt, fronts are stock; rears are 1” wider to accommodate larger tire (255’s are on there now)

Turbo:
Stock, new unit installed by Ron’s Custom Auto, has a few thousand miles on it
3” MAF from later model GM with translator

Here are some more Pictures:
CIMG0727.JPG
CIMG0729.JPG
CIMG0728.JPG

CIMG0736.JPG

Pictures underneath are hard to get 'cause I have to crawl around. Rust is minimal (normal?). If you're interested, send details of what photos you would like.